Total number of Lesson Activities?
    Kess is offline Member

Default Total number of Lesson Activities?

I thought I had this figured out. Iím probably doing something wrong. I was looking at the lesson plans for 7th Grade Language Arts. I know that the quizzes donít usually count towards the total number of lesson activities, but when I counted all the lesson activities myself it seems like the quizzes are part of the total number. Plus, I came up with a different number then what it says. For instance, it says there is a total number of 127 lesson activities. I counted all of them, including any quizzes, and I came up with 122. I counted several times to be sure I wasnít making a mistake, but I still could have counted wrong . Anyway, are the quizzes counted in the total number of lesson activities for 7th Grade Language Arts? Or am I counting something wrong here? I just want to make sure I figured this out right so that I know how many she will need to do to complete this within the school year.

Kess

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Total number of Lesson Activities?

The core language arts (and some of the newer math) is designed differently than some of the lessons. The quizzes and tests are part of the program and don't appear as separate icons at the bottom of the page. So . . . for core language arts, the quizzes and tests ARE part of the lesson activity count.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Kess is offline Member

Oh, thank you Kelly for clearing that up. I need to adjust my schedule then. I had my poor daughter doing too much and she was getting a bit overwhelmed. At first it wasn't too bad because the lessons were short. But, lately the lessons have been getting longer and then 2 quizzes would follow one lesson, and they were long. I wasn't counting the quizzes as activities, so my dd will be very relieved to know that I will now be counting the quizzes as an activity! Thanks again for your help.

Kess

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry for the confusion. Time4Learning provides lessons in a variety of formats. It helps the program stay "fresh", but it does take some time to get used to all of the exceptions.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!