Trying T4Learning.....Does it allow you to "assign" lessons?
    lilgoatlady is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Trying T4Learning.....Does it allow you to "assign" lessons?

Our family is doing a 14 day trial period. We live on a small farm in East Texas and have one 7 y.o. daughter, Sarah. We've always home-schooled using Rod and Staff (and extra materials), but I've wanted something more interactive, too. The R & S is great because its simple illustrations don't distract her (she's EASILY distracted) but there's times I want learning to be a little easier and "fun," too.

I just can't figure out if you can assign lessons/pages on T4L....for instance the child clicks on a button and she automatically goes to the lessons that the parent has selected. I think someone else tried to ask this, but I'm not sure the question was really answered. I don't really want my child to have to write down codes and "search" for the page she needs to work on.

I'm also having a little trouble previewing the lessons because so many of them have to load. We're on high speed DSL, but maybe our computer is still too slow. I can preview hard-copy lessons in a matter of seconds and decide if it's something that needs to be done or something that we can skip.

I'm not sure that T4L is for us, but I'm willing to give it a try! Any helpful hints are appreciated.

-Shanna

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Trying T4Learning.....Does it allow you to "assign" lessons?

Time4Learning is designed to be used in sequence. The student logs on and just follows the arrow, doing whatever lesson the arrow is pointing to.

Parents can decide to do the lessons out of sequence, skip lessons, or pick and choose from among lessons, but this requires knowing the lesson activity number and inputting it in the Activity Finder. Most parents simply write down the activity numbers they want their student to do that day. Parents who want to plan well in advance can print the lesson plans and write the date they want each lessons done next to the lesson activity number. The student can use this to type lesson activity numbers from assigned lessons into the Activity Finder. This isn't like performing a search. The lesson activity number immediately accesses the chosen associated activity.

There is no way to modify the program so the arrow points to lessons you've selected. If you choose to do the lessons out of order, you simply disregard the arrow.

Slow loading could be caused by a number of things. How old is your computer? Sometimes the older processors aren't speedy enough. Do you have a wireless network? Try locating your router elsewhere or purchasing a router with more coverage. Make sure you don't have other programs running in the background while using Time4Learning. If you have multiple user profiles on your computer, make sure everyone is logged out of his profile except the current user. This means clicking "log out" instead of "switch user".

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!