Using T4L

Thread: Using T4L

plsmitha is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Using T4L

Hello Everyone,

My name is Phyllis, and I have been using T4L (off and on) since 3/1/07 to homeschool my first grade son. I just began homeschooling on 11/1/06. We will finish first grade over the next few months. I began with using T4L as core curriculum. However, lately this does not seem to be working, so I am now using some workbooks along with T4L. (My son needs more in depth teaching on some subjects, i.e., Language Arts and Math.) Some days we solely use T4L; others days we don't use it at all. Yet on other days, we use only our books and workbooks. Still on other days, we use books/workbooks and T4L.

Has anyone else done the above, and if so, how did it work for you?

Phyllis

morenomami is offline Junior Member Newbie

Phyllis,

As a parent new to home schooling myself, I also found that my children needed a bit more direct teaching in some core subjects.

One of the things I found that helped when using the additional workbooks, is that on the days we work in the workbooks, we worked for 45 mins and then they got a 15 minute break, however, unless it was near lunch or snack times, their break is to go on to the T4L playground, this way it is still play and learning at the same time, it is something that our 2nd grader thinks is fun. This does not quite work for our 7th grader, but she will occasionally go on just to "check it out" (she's at the age where, she is just a new teenager and has to look cool)

Anyway, that has been our experience with T4L, so I hope this helps. If I can be of any further help, please let me know. I am home schooling a 2, 7, and 10 grader so I am definitely learning the ropes quickly to home schooling many different grade levels and what their needs are. Have a great day.