Using T4L? Worksheets and other questions?
    Michellel is offline Junior Member

Question Using T4L? Worksheets and other questions?

We have been using T4L for a little over 2 months now. I have each of my children do the following
    each day except for Thursdays, which is our Co-Op day.

1 LA Ext.
    2 LA
    1 Math
    1 Science
    1 Social Studies

(My 2nd grader just does one SS and one Science each week since she already finished all the 2nd grade work in those subjects.)

The reason I only assign one math is b/c we currently use MUS and I want them to at least finish this grade level in MUS. (Then I will decide what to do in the fall.)

The other things we do each day are reading books on the country we are learning about in Galloping The globe, and we usually do a map activity or draw write now type page each day on what we are learning.

I am wondering if others assign worksheets and quizzes separately or if those are just printables of what is taught online?

I am also wondering when paragraph construction taught in 4th grade? And When can I expect my 4th grader to get some Odyssey Writer assignments. My dd is in 2nd and has a Story Creator assignment at least once a week.
    Michelle, mom to ds 9, dd 8, married to Gary for 14 years.
    www.lightsonthelake.blogspot.com

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Michelle. It sounds like you have a good program going!

Most of the Time4Learning worksheets provide additional practice with the lesson concept. A few of the math worksheets are to be completed along wtih the assignment. Worksheets are optional. You can use them all . . . use none of them . . . or only use them when needed.

The quizzes aren't printable. They are completed online and are designed to assess what the student has learned.

Odyssey Writer assignments occur regularly beginning about halfway through the language arts program (when the ILA activities begin). There is one at the end of each chapter from that point on.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Michellel is offline Junior Member

I thought the students were already quizzed at the end of learning a unit. So why would an additional quiz be needed? Or am I misunderstanding something? (Meaning the quizzes in the worksheet area.)
    Michelle, mom to ds 9, dd 8, married to Gary for 14 years.
    www.lightsonthelake.blogspot.com

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

There are a lot of different lesson formats. The second grade math includes a very short quiz at the end of each lesson, but it isn't the "official" quiz. It's sort of like a pop quiz . . . so the student can get an idea of whether he understood the lesson or not.

The quizzes in the worksheet area? Do you mean the quizzes on the lesson plans? (Let's keep trying. We'll each figure out what the other one is trying to say eventually! )

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!