Wanted to Introduce Myself And ask a ?
    LaurieBeth is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Wanted to Introduce Myself And ask a ?

Hello Everyone!! My name is LaurieBeth and I am married to dh (14 yrs) and have one son age 10 and one daughter age 6. I started homeschooling my son in 3rd grade and my daughter has never been to traditional school. We have struggled with different curriculum over the last 2 and 1/2 years and I have been in sort of "panic mode" abt my daughter learning to read. T4L is awesome for helping her learn her letter "sounds'' . I am a little more concerned with T4L with my 10 year old son...we did the LA and math today and I am wondering if it is always so straight forward or is there little cartoons, etc. for 5th grade? He is so hard to "engage" in studies that after seeing how wonderful my daughter was responding to T4L I thought I would sign him up as well. However, today (his 1st day) he seemed kinda bored with it. It was just similar to his ACE math he was doing only online. Does anyone know if this changes?

Anyway, I have gleaned a lot of wisdom already by pouring through the message board. I read "MamaMary"'s blog which is where I first heard of Time4Learning...(THANKS MARY!! )...she was so awesome in personally answering questions and just being all around helpful.

Hope to get to know all of you better!!

Blessings,
    LaurieBeth

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, LaurieBeth. Welcome to the forum!

Although a few text-based activities are mixed in, language arts generally remains animated and goofy throughout eighth grade. The extension activities are less animated.

The very first learning activity in fifth grade math is animated and game-style. The next several activities are less-animated, followed by another animated game. The program proceeds in this manner until the end. There are generally enough animated game-style learning activities to keep a student's interest.

Maybe your son is like me: He just thinks math is boring, no matter what.

Science and social studies are mostly text-based with a VERY occasional animated lesson activity thrown in.

It's nice to have you on the board and I'm glad to hear Time4Learning seems to be such a good fit for your daughter.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

HI LaurieBeth,

It's so good to see you over here! I LOVE how Kelly always has the answers! I am so glad your daughter loves it. I hope your son does too, but even if it's not a fit for him at least you've found a winner for your dd
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I LOVE how Kelly always has the answers!

Not necessarily. I generally have an OPINION about most things, though.

I do like to respond to posts as soon as possible. Please, everyone, feel free to add your own wisdom whenever you're able, and don't take my word as final. Lots of shared experiences add to the value of any forum.

I LOVE how Mary pops in to make new users feel welcome!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

LaurieBeth is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy

Maybe your son is like me: He just thinks math is boring, no matter what.

LoL....I think this is true for him!!! And the apple doesn't fall far from the tree either!!!

edited to add: I always mess up that quote thing!