What does ur HS day with T4L look like?
    Rare Treasures is offline Junior Member

Default What does ur HS day with T4L look like?

I thought this would be a fun thread anyone can respond to. We can see how everyone else is using T4L and maybe glean some new ideas!

What grade level do u use?
    Do u use every subject T4L offers or just certain ones?
    Do u have a schedule?
    Do u use T4L alone or with other curriculum?
    Do u make lessons plans? How far in advance (weekly, monthly?) Or do u go with the flow?
    Mama to 3 girls: , , and

Skool Time is offline Senior Member

What grade level do u use? Finished T4L level 2.
    Do u use every subject T4L offers or just certain ones? Skipped easy ones.
    Do u have a schedule? School starts after lunch, 4 to 5 lessons a day, the less lessons the more my daughter retains.
    Do u use T4L alone or with other curriculum? Using T4L + free online links.
    Do u make lessons plans? Yes
    How far in advance (weekly, monthly?) Or do u go with the flow? Weekly, using word.doc.

Rare Treasures is offline Junior Member

I guess I should answer my own questions!

What grade level do u use? My 3rd grader is doing 3rd grade math and 4th grade LA.
    Do u use every subject T4L offers or just certain ones? We primarily focus on Math and that was all I was planning on using. However, the LA is pretty awesome so we use it and the LA Ext as well.
    Do u have a schedule? What's a schedule? Ha ha! Seriously, we are very relaxed schoolers. I tried the whole making a schedule thing and it stressed me out. We have a loose routine that we follow when we are home all day. On these days we cover everything including our unit study. School starts by 10-10:30. School until lunch and then finish after eating. It usually takes us about 3-4 hours. If we are going to be on the road alot during the day we get just T4L in when we can. Sometimes we can finish before we leave in the morning. Sometimes it's split up to do some before we leave and finish when we get back. My motto is "Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape."
    Do u use T4L alone or with other curriculum? As stated above, on the days that we are on the road we only use T4L. That means we get in Math, LA, and LA Ext every day. On the days that we are home all day I include a unit study "My Father's World." This covers the subjects of Bible, Geography, Science, and some History. We also have A Reason For Spelling (that we haven't used in a couple weeks) and Winston Grammar. We use WG for the days that we skip T4L LA.
    Do u make lessons plans? How far in advance (weekly, monthly?) Or do u go with the flow?[/QUOTE] Nope. No lesson plans. The MFW unit study has lesson plans made out so we follow that loosely just for MFW. As for T4L, I usually just tell my daughter to do at least one math, one LA, and one LA Ext every day. If she breezes through it too fast I may tell her to do one more of one of the subjects. I also use the parent login to check what she covered and see how she did on the quizzes and test. I don't allow any grade under 88%. If she gets less than that she has to do a retake.

I need to start incorporating some of the T4L worksheets, especially for math, but I just haven't yet.
    Mama to 3 girls: , , and

Momma Crystal is offline Senior Member

What grade level do u use? I have one that just finished level 1 and another in K.
    Do u use every subject T4L offers or just certain ones? Pretty much just use Language Arts and Language Arts Extensions
    Do u have a schedule? Yes, they get up and eat breakfast. Then they go to their rooms and clean up/make beds/get dressed/do all morning chores. Then it is on to school work. Which should be done before lunch with one snack break.
    Do u use T4L alone or with other curriculum? We do T4L, Handwriting Without Tears, Math U See, and Five in a Row. Sometimes we add in Sonlight Science Core 1. We also attend a weekly art class and a weekly nature class. I'm looking for a music experience nest.
    Do u make lessons plans? How far in advance (weekly, monthly?) Or do u go with the flow? No, I feel like the system we have in place doesn't require me to.

casonnier is offline Junior Member

What grade level do u use? 4th & 6th
    Do u use every subject T4L offers or just certain ones? All of them except Language Arts Extensions. Although we may start that soon.
    Do u have a schedule? Not really. We try to get everything done before 2pm so we can be out of the house for activities, but my girls do their work in whatever order they want.
    Do u use T4L alone or with other curriculum? Just switched to T4L for everything. Had been making my own curriculum for the last 5 years. The only thing I'd like to see is more literature. Maybe a grade level list of books - both popular and classics. If we stick with T4L for next school year I will be adding more reading and some kind of foreign language (like Live Mocha).
    Do u make lessons plans? How far in advance (weekly, monthly?) Or do u go with the flow? No lesson plans - one section per subject a day, 5 days a week