What is your favorite thing about Time4Learning?
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default What is your favorite thing about Time4Learning?

I thought it might be interesting to find out why users are so enthusiastic about this program. What is the one main reason you prefer Time 4 Learning?

I'll start. With children at five different grade levels this year, I appreciate not having to grade papers! It's so nice to be able to sign in and print a report telling how well they are doing. Comparing my children's scribbles to the answers in a teacher's manual is not my idea of fun.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

sandra is offline Junior Member

Default Why i like time4learning

I too like the fact that i don't have to grade papers. i just recently started on the trial program mostly because i was looking for language arts. but i found that the math is pretty cool. my 9 year old daughter hates math, we have moved around with math programs several times this year. she still does not like math but she is a little more willing to do her work. we have put our math texts aside for a while. i need to be on top of her for the math, but the other subjects she does independently. which frees up time for my younger children. i don't have to juggle as much. my 3 year old is also intrigued by what is happening on the computer.

Math is almost fun. She loves to read but really enjoys the part where the computer is reading to her.
    -Sandra
    Mom and Teacher to
    Reyna
    Ryan
    Mason
    Karissa

MarilynM is offline Junior Member Newbie

Okay, I can't choose just one!

My son loves school and asks to do more. The systematic plan and computer format is great for him. I do not have to "write" my own plan using his computer learning games. It's done for me! Traditional textbooks do not work for his special needs.

cherra is offline Junior Member Newbie

My son is able to sit down and work independently for short periods and there is not nearly the resistance. He even said he likes it! Ditto to Maryilyn's comments as well!

I also like the fact that it can done in small increments and that there are not large amounts of reading at once as that is a very important issue for my son due to rapid mental and physical fatigue that come with concentration due to ongoing medical issues.

Julesorrel is offline Junior Member Newbie

What do I like about T4L?!!!! Everything!! Of course there is always room for improvement, (which they are keeping up with). Me and my 3 and 5 yr olds love this program. My 3 yr old sits and watches and listens to all that my older daughter is doing. She even answers some of the questions. She is learning so much. We have just found the Pop jr in the play ground where they can watch short videos on really great subjects, like presidents or china, etc. This entire program makes learning fun and interesting. We find ourselves having to go back and review just so we do not move ahead to fast. My 5 yr old is already half way through 1st grade LA and Math and half way through 2nd grade Science. I wish they had even more for us to do. We are using this as our core curriculum now and I just supplement with hand written items as I see fit mainly for review and handwriting practice. The fact that it keeps track of everything they are doing with grades and all you have to do is print it out to have records on hand is wonderful!!
    We are looking forward to the Spanish (or any other language) and the Typing is great!! We are so hoping they continue on through High School, as well as continue to add new material all the time!! As you can tell I am a huge fan!!

Aslyn is offline Junior Member Newbie

I think I have the most stubbornly independant child on the planet. We went through 3 curriculums before we came to t4l..she would work on it for about a week, then she would fight with me. She doesnt like to be taught, she is fine if I give her worksheets and let her go to town. But showing her how to do it becomes a battle of wills. She got to the point with one of the programs we tried that she would not choose the right answer so that I would correct her even though she knew the answers.

We came to t4l and I walk away while she does school work. I let her do it on her own, and I clean the house,cook, bathe the boys etc..I check on her and shes still at it..eating it up like candy.

My 4 yr old now wants his lessons on t4l too..

Hands down T4L has been the best fit for our family and my daughters learning style..We plan on using it for a LOOONNNGGG time to come!

HSMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default what I like about Time4Learning...

It's designed in a way that is interesting for children, and they can work at their own pace. I wish I would have discovered this website when I started homeschooling 4 years ago - as with other hs mom's, I've spent lots of money on books, and even tho I shop for used books almost exclusively, it really adds up. I am definitely going to spread the word to other hs moms about the benefits of t4l.

ergon4 is offline Member Regular

Default These are a few of my favorite things . . .

For My Son:
    • The Lego Ergo Sum Grammar Lessons (he thinks they're hilarious)
      The independence of "doing it himself"
      The arrows that show him just where he left off
      The onboard math tools

For Me:
    • No papers to grade!
      The independence of "doing it himself"
      Printable reports
      Review Quizzes and Tests
      User Friendly Format
      Everything else!!

We love Time4Learning!!
    Raising homegrown geeks...one laptop at a time. Check out my Topsy-Techie blog at http://topsytechie.wordpress.com/

shmoomama is offline Junior Member Newbie

Ergon, we are in the same neck of the woods.

Shmoo loves "Lego Ergo Sum" too. She was so excited when she first saw it because she takes Latin. She has mentioned several times that she wishes T4L had Latin. Dream on, dear!

There are lots of little things scattered about that are really funny. Shmoo was telling me the other day about The Department of Multiple Choice. There should be a T shirt for that one lol.

This actually moves quickly enough to hold her interest. They explain the concept once and move on. If extra practice is needed, it's there, but the child can truly move at his/her pace. LOTS of curriculums claim to deliver this, but from my experience, there is still a LOT of work involved in compacting for the child who wants to move quickly.

We used K12 for Kindergarten. K12 is described by many users as a "buffet" of info and activities you can pick and choose from. If K12 is a buffet, T4L is a grocery store.

T4L has made a huge difference in the quality of my instructional time with dd. She is able to get a lot of vocabulary and concept overview information out of this program, so that our time together can be used to apply this information in discussions or projects.

Like I said in another thread. I am in shock and awe. This is almost too good to be true.