Where do we go from here??? (after 8th grade)
    Leslie_Fiore is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Where do we go from here??? (after 8th grade)

Hello! We have used and loved, loved, loved Time4learning for 3 years now, and I'm panicked at the thought of my daughter starting High School Next year.

Like so many other families, I wish T4L could incorporate a HS curriculum, but until they do, I'm absolutely lost. I've looked into some online high school programs and while they seem great, most are upwards of $2,000 a year and there is just absolutely no way we'll be able to afford that.

I guess my question is, for those of you who have graduated your middle schoolers from T4L, where did you go from there?

What is out there that is similar, and affordable and as wonderful as T4L?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Nothing.

I do think high school is the time to customize a curriculum for your student. I used Time4Learning algebra (which is actually intended for advanced middle schoolers, but worked great for my high schoolers), several Time4Writing classes (which are an excellent way to get college-bound students accustomed to being critiqued by someone other than Mom ), some Thinkwell video courses and some nice Plato science courses.

Consider signing up for The Homeschool Buyer's Co-op. Membership is free, and then you can get many of these courses at a discount. It's worth it just to browse what's available.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!