where is reading materials?
    rgnov3 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default where is reading materials?

I have searched everywhere for the required reading for my fifth grader. Our Library does not carry any of the required reading. I noticed on the top of the reading lists that it says all reading materials are included online. My question is where I go to find it? I must be missing something. I really need a little help here.
    Sincerely,
    Rachel Gilbert

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The phrase about ALL of the required reading being available online should only have been out at the top of the PK through second grade lists. I'm sorry there was an error. I'll report it and I'm sure it will be fixed quickly.

That said, MOST of the required reading material for fifth grade is available online. It's part if your student's lesson, and it pops up in a really fun and attractive online book format when it's needed.

I will sort out the required reading from the suggested reading for fifth grade today. Our family has actually never used any of the suggested reading, preferring to choose our own library books. Suggested reading is just ideas for books that have a similar theme as the study topic.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

rgnov3 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default online reading

I have not found the online book format yet. Could you please tell me where to find it? Thank you for emailing me back. I am new to this program and get a little worried I will miss something important for my son. Also, Andrew has dyslexia and I have downloaded the natural reader for him to help him read his lessons. Is this a bad idea? My husband said I should make him read the materials, but it makes his eyes hurt staring at the computer for that long. So I let him read books to me for our reading class.
    Sincerely,
    Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    The phrase about ALL of the required reading being available online should only have been out at the top of the PK through second grade lists. I'm sorry there was an error. I'll report it and I'm sure it will be fixed quickly.

That said, MOST of the required reading material for fifth grade is available online. It's part if your student's lesson, and it pops up in a really fun and attractive online book format when it's needed.

I will sort out the required reading from the suggested reading for fifth grade today. Our family has actually never used any of the suggested reading, preferring to choose our own library books. Suggested reading is just ideas for books that have a similar theme as the study topic.