Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Win a Free Time4Writing Course!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	j0442319..jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	188Win a free Time4Writing course for your student!

To enter this month's contest, post your original essay of 200 words or less in this forum thread before midnight on March 31. Share a little about your student and how he or she could benefit from an eight-week Time4Writing course. The winner will be announced on April 2, 2010.

Time4Writing offers eight-week online writing courses for grade two through high school!

Congratulations to larryandcodysmommy, who won a free PREMIUM membership to SpellingCity in the February contest!
    Last edited by hearthstone_academy; 03-02-2010 at 11:51 AM.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

lisa3 is offline Junior Member

Hi,

My son Austin is a victim of "the shoemaker's children are often shoeless" syndrome. I make a living as a writer and, though my 12-year old has fine writing skills, it's not something I work on with him as much as I'd like. Austin has a vivid imagination and is a voracious reader; I'd love to see him strengthen his writing muscles as well. Thanks for considering him for this month's prize!

Lisa
    Lisa

Single mom to three boys; 12, 11, and 9

Lisa's7 is offline Member

My 8 year old son, Fletcher, seems to have a pencil allergy. Picking up a pencil seems to dry up all the creativity I see every day in his play. I would love him to be able to get all his colorful thoughts into a form that he could share. I think possibly having that computer based would help him defeat the pencil allergy.

JocelynD is offline Junior Member Newbie

My seven year old son Matthew hates to write. He has poor handwriting and feels "dumb" when he writes. He wants to do everything orally these days. I know how important it is for him to become proficient in writing, but I don't seem to have the patience to help him properly. Sometimes it takes someone else telling your child, "You can do it", before they actually believe it.

peytondaley@yahoo.com is offline Junior Member Newbie

Greetings,

My daughter, Tegan, age 6 is a gifted storyteller. Sadly, I find myself trying frantically (and mostly failing) to write down the hilarious characters and situations she comes up with on a daily basis. I find random pieces of paper everywhere with her ideas jotted in Nietzsche style. Having researched your writing classes, I find myself unable to pay for any at this time. Needing that little boost in correct writing, she and I hope you will consider her for this month's prize! Example from Tegan (edited): "Once upon a time, there was a pink horse that lived in a garden full of beautiful rainbow colored flowers. She loved to go for rides in the woods and eat fruits and carrots. Once she got lost in the woods. She found a brown bear wearing a polka dot tie who had blue eyes who helped her find her way home."

dhassing is offline Junior Member Newbie

I have an 8 ½ year daughter, Eryca, who just started with Time4learning a few weeks ago. She has enjoyed her “e-school” and looks forward to it daily. Time4Learning has helped her to become excited about reading and learning. She loves writing and writes in her journal daily many different stories. Her stories are about her and riding horses; she can’t have one because of allergies. She asked me the other day if there was a writing class she could take with her “e-school” I told her there was, but we would look into it. I am not an expert on beginning writing and struggle with providing her feedback on her work. She needs feedback from a teacher on her writing who knows the standards and expectations for that age group. She will be able to grow as a writer and will feel more confident when sharing her hard work. She will also benefit from any of the elementary classes; grammar rocks, writing sentences, and writing paragraphs. Thank you for the consideration.

bethm95 is offline Junior Member

Writing is something that has always come very easy to me, but I have a hard time teaching writing to my boys. They love to read, but writing is a struggle for them. They both have wonderful, creative imaginations, but they find it difficult to put their thoughts on paper. My oldest son is 10, and trying to get him to write a paragraph is like pulling teeth. We just started doing Time4Learning this morning, and they are both enjoying it so far, and I think an online writing course would benefit them greatly. They are both very active and love using the computer for schoolwork. Thanks for your consideration!

momoftwob is offline Junior Member

Default Time4Writing Contest

My son who is 8 years old has been on Time4learning for almost two years and truly enjoys most of it. The one area that he has a hard time with is the writing. Whenever he is given an activity that requires any type of creative writing, he just ends up in tears. He has an amazing imagination, and loves to talk about what he’s learned. He is also very good with building, and creating things, but he just can not seem to put those same thoughts and ideas on paper. I have tried several writing programs, none of them seem to work, and we currently can not afford to purchase any more writing curriculums at this time. I think that the time4writing course would be just what he needs to really improve his love for writing and his skills. I also think that it would help to build up his confidence in writing to get positive feedback from someone other than his mother. Thank you for taking the time to read.

lisas is offline Member

My kids - - 6th grade twins-- just finished the MS Essay Writing course in Time4writing, and are wanting to take the Advanced Essay course. When I told them there was a contest, they put together an essay themselves, in true Time4writing essay format, to enter. Here it is below (unedited by mom):

Writing is a very important skill to have. We use these skills in middle school, high school, and even college. As we get older, these skills are used even more. But, by taking this course, we can benefit a little further.

As we step into middle school, we start to use writing a lot more than we did before. We begin to write essays, reports, biographies, and many other types of writing. It would be much easier to write, if we had more practice and confidence. We think that Time4Writing, would be beneficial and helpful to us.

We are good students who like to listen and learn. We also like to express ourselves in writing. We have taken courses from Time4Writing, and really enjoyed the feedback, lessons, and assignments. It would be nice, if we could learn more and improve our writing, with this course.
    Last edited by lisas; 03-31-2010 at 05:32 PM.
    Lisa
    Second year homeschooling 6th grade twins!
    My Personal Blog
    My Professional Blog

LittleTitans is offline Junior Member Newbie

We’re advocates for education & our three children (17, 15, 12) started theirs in Catholic school. Due to the economy, Catholic schools in our area closed down or consolidated, which led to a tuition hike. Since my work injury left me totally disabled, our income has taken a hit. Five years ago, we wanted to have more input in our kids’ education and decided to home school. Our 15 yr-old son attended T4L four yrs ago & our 12 yr-old daughter still attends& loves it! T4L has taught them independence & how learning can be fun. We all know that kid’s love to play video games, & thanks to this program, her new video game has become T4L. Our XBOX collects dust & only my husband & I play the Wii! Our daughter loves T4L and often quizzes her older brothers (our oldest is graduating high school this year with 20 college scholarships, including one in journalism). T4L has an outstanding reading & arithmetic program, and writing is important to us; thus, our daughter would love the opportunity to use T4W as she loves writing (she even challenges her brothers to increase her writing skills). You can't put a price on education, but if you could, it would be T4L.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast