Wish list for Time4Learning
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Wish list for Time4Learning

My son came to me this am and said he had a wish list for his Time4Learning. OK I am game, what is on your wish list son.

#1 - Before a test there is a activity (lesson what ever you call it) that would review every thing in that section. (not for quiz's but for TEST)

#2 - That there was a place for Mom to know when there are items needed for simple experiments in Science, like a supply list. (He is thinking of his science last week when they had a optional activity that he could have done w/ ice cream but we did not have any in the house)

#3 - Wish they would review things in each lesson, like a few multiplication problems or division problems just to keep my brain from forgetting while I learn about angles and stuff.

I am sure my son will think of more, but I thought I would share w/ ya'll my 10 year olds wish list for this program. Anyone else have a few wish list items that they want to share w/ the time4learning staff?
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thanks, Brandy. Time4Learning is always happy with user feedback!

You will be happy to know that a science supply list is weeks away! Look for an announcement in this forum when it is completed. It will probably be available upon parent login.

Time4Learning uses curriculum designed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license that allows them to offer it to individuals. Because Time4Learning does not own the content, their ability to change the program is limited. Time4Learning does pass feedback on to CompassLearning.

A couple of ways other members have shared that they review for tests is to have their students take notes during lessons (a valuable skill) and to take advantage of the fact that lesson activities can be repeated as often as necessary. For text-based lessons, the student can "skim" the "pages", paying attention to items in bold and items in yellow boxes.

It's especially great to have feedback from a student! Other users, please DO share your ideas below. While T4L can't CHANGE the lessons, they can often ADD something. (The Playground is a Time4Learning addition.)

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

noodlebugs2 is offline Junior Member

Those are great ideas! Expanding on the supplies list for science lessons, I would like to be able to click on all of those additional info boxes in all subjects via the scope and sequence area. That way, if additional books on the subject are listed, I can get them ahead of time or if there is correlating craft projects (like the viking cutout craft) I can be ready. Not only so that I can have supplies ready, but also so that I can plan my time around that. Having to leaf through each lesson looking ahead for these things can be extremely time consuming for me since I will now have 3 students on T4L in the fall. Currently, my son just ignores all of that stuff because he knows that a: I will probably not know he's skipped it anyway, and b: I would probably tell him to skip it because I wouldn't be prepared with the right supplies or have the time set aside to guide him. Therefore, he is missing out on a lot and that's something I REALLY want to rectify for the next year coming up.

And ask I've been requesting for the whole 3(?) years we've been using T4L, I still would like the ability to turn the stars on or off manually through the parent login--making it so that my child can see what lessons they need to re-do or to be able to skip lessons they don't need (thereby moving the arrow forward). I think you said you can't make that change, but I will continue to ask for it all the same!

Glad to hear about the Science additions to the scope/sequence.

Beth

TerrySue is offline Junior Member Newbie

I wish there was a place where we could look and see what exactyly what was covered in each lesson before our child goes in and starts it. On the first math lesson he was adding and substracting Roman Numerals which would be no big deal for some kids but he had never been exposed to Roman Numerals. We had to move on to something else because the lesson was just to advanced for him. I was trying to figure out in what grade in what lesson the kids are first exposed to Roman Numerals and I can't find it. An index that says Roman Numerals grade and lesson they are in would sure be a big help. Also I'm sure this would be good in any subject area to look up a keyword and find which lesson to go to for a refresher course. Right now I'm searching the internet for some introducion lessons to Roman Numerals. I'm sure this is a problem for parts of speech that need to be looked up or science or history.

girl921 is offline Junior Member

My wish list would be an option to print a "book" for each subject. IE, take all the text from each lesson and have it printable. Right now for Science, and especially Social Studies, I've been going thru each lesson, coping the text and pasting it into a word file. I hate to admit I don't remember EVERYthing I leaned in school (French and Spanish explorers! UG!) so it helps me to review the material. The book also helps my son study for upcoming tests and refresh his memory.
    I just noticed that his first 4th grade LA lesson had a lot of text too so maybe 1 more book to make...

Lisa

Blog Entries

Lisa, you don't remember everything you learned in school?! How shameful!

Unless you want to format the document to make it look "nice", you can print right from the page without having to copy-and-paste and navigate between two applications. Just highlight the text that you want to print and type "CTRL P". Your printer window should pop up. Choose "Print Selection" and then print. The text will look just as it appears on the screen, but that's probably good enough for your purposes.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

girl921 is offline Junior Member

Kelly -My "Type A" gene mandates uniform formatting, justified margins and double columns . But thanks, I didn't realize I could print right from the lesson...*sigh*...if only....

Lisa

Blog Entries

LOL!

I tend to be that way, too. It's something I am REALLY working on. I have a horrible tendency to not do something at all unless I can do it perfectly . . . and I really don't have time for perfection these days.

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

Thanks for all of the tips and tricks in there, Kelly!
    Melissa.

erin0929 is offline Junior Member

I completely agree about having a list for needed science supplies ahead of time. We are finding 3rd grade science to be much different than 2nd grade. For the most part it looks interesting, I just don't happen to have all the needed supplies on hand! 8-)
    ~Erin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast