Woo Hoo! We finished another subject!
    gulfmiss is offline Member Newbie

Default Woo Hoo! We finished another subject!

My DGD and I finished language arts extensions yesterday! She is ADHD and I have tried different ways of keeping her focused on her work. We started out by doing two or three activities in each subject each day but it was too choppy for her. Since January we have been working on one subject at a time. We started wtih science, her favorite subject, and went through it until it was completed. Next we did language arts and language arts extensions. We will start on social studies today. She is doing math with her mom at home...I don't do math!!! They usually work on that on the weekends.

This method might not work for most children, but for us it has. Sometimes there are a lot of lessons/activities before there is a big test, and it's so easy for her to foget and lose her focus along the way. We typically do about ten activities/lessons a day. Time4Learning has been a blessing for us.

momtogrif is offline Member

I like the approach you are taking. We are currently taking time off from science and history so we can focus on math and LA stuff. I will be doing science and history more this summer but I like the way you move through the program. I love the way T4L allows you to adapt the program to the child's needs!

Default T4L

I like that fact that we can approach T4L any way that we like and do what works for us too. It just took a little while and some experimenting to find out what worked best for DGD. I think our method works better for grandma's brain too cause she "ain't what she used to be." I like for her to take her quizzes and tests when things are still relatively fresh on her brain. We can move at a little slower pace in social studies.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

One of my children might have benefited from your method. She'll graduate next year, so it's too late to change now.

Kudos for persisting until you found a way that works well for your granddaughter.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Woo Hoo! We finished another subject!

Quote Originally Posted by gulfmiss
    My DGD and I finished language arts extensions yesterday! She is ADHD and I have tried different ways of keeping her focused on her work. We started out by doing two or three activities in each subject each day but it was too choppy for her. Since January we have been working on one subject at a time. We started wtih science, her favorite subject, and went through it until it was completed. Next we did language arts and language arts extensions. We will start on social studies today. She is doing math with her mom at home...I don't do math!!! They usually work on that on the weekends.

This method might not work for most children, but for us it has. Sometimes there are a lot of lessons/activities before there is a big test, and it's so easy for her to foget and lose her focus along the way. We typically do about ten activities/lessons a day. Time4Learning has been a blessing for us.
    A gold star for a job well done, for you and your DGD!

[img:295:360]http://time4learning.com/images/edmouse/goldstar_ed.gif[/img]
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide

Default Awwwwwwwwwwwww`

Thanks! It's such a good feeling for her and for me.