Writing assignments problems!
    Morrigan is offline Junior Member

Default Writing assignments problems!

Hello, I'm fairly new here. We started T4L in early Dec. I'm a bit confused on how exactly the writing assignments work. Can anyone explain this to me please? 4Th gr curriculum, Language Arts. We have clicked on "Pioneers-ILA". We've done all the assignments except the writing(3rd star). When we clicked on it the writer came up, but we're not exactly sure what we do to do this assignment. What do we do once the writer comes up? Detailed step by step instructions please (we're pc challenged). If we don't figure this out she will not be able to "complete" any module with the writing assignment in it(and there's lots!) Hope someone there can direct me in the right path to getting this done! Thanks, Morrigan
    Blind Sheep are exactly that...blind!

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Morrigan is offline Junior Member

Hello Jackie,
    Thanks for the link. I had found that same link on the homepage, I just can't figure out HOW to start it. I've clicked on every tab up in that thing and nothing will let me write. nothing comes up on the screen. Any ideas? Morrigan
    Blind Sheep are exactly that...blind!

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Morrigan,

I have forwarded your question to Kelly. She is the lady with the answers around here. Let me know if you need anything further.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Here is info about Odyssey Writer:

How does Odyssey Writer work?

Odyssey Writer is a word processing program that is integrated within the curriculum.

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has acquired a license that allows them to offer it to individuals.

Because Odyssey Writer was designed to be used in a classroom, the grading function within Odyssey Writer will not work for individuals.

When a student has a writing assignment, Odyssey Writer will automatically pop up. The student may complete the assignment in several sittings, if necessary, as long as they remember to save their work. When the student is finished with the assignment, they should click the "Hand In" button and select a "teacher". This does NOT actually hand the assignment in to a teacher. It simply marks the assignment as completed, so it will show up on the student's reports.

When an Odyssey Writer assignment appears on a student's reports, the parent should click on it and either view it online or print it to grade manually.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

heart-of-joy is offline Junior Member

Default Not intuitive

Hey Kelly, the instructions you give above are not intuitive on the website.

Assuming (I know I shouldn't have) that the "Hand In" button sends the papers to me or some other place that I can access, we have lost a couple of my ds' writing projects.

Anyway to get these back?

Bummer!
    Renee

Blog Entries

If you clicked "Hand In", the assignment should appear as a link in your child's reports. You can just click on that link to see it.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

maryc927 is offline Member

Okay, when Daniel who is doing his fourth grade Language Arts vocabulary lesson and it asks him to put a story together using the six words together that he studied that day, does that go into the Odyssey Writer as well?

I've been really confused about this from the beginning and how to use it also.

Thanks for the help,
    Mary

Blog Entries

If the student is expected to use Odyssey Writer, it will open automatically.

Many of the vocabulary lessons are to be done on notepaper. There is no reason the student can't open Odyssey Writer manually and use it instead of paper, but it would show upas an additional activity on his reports.