Yet one more new user...
    sealeduponhisarm is offline Junior Member

Default Yet one more new user...

Hello!

We signed up for T4L just last week for our 6th grader, 3rd grader and Kindergartener. Although the youngest two loved it immediately the 6th grader took more convincing...

We have been hs'ers for 4 years now and have been really happy with curriculum we were using but we are in a time of working in ministry more and more this year and knew I needed something that would allow me to not have to prepare, grade and keep track of every assignment for 3 grades!

After spending hours and hours researching online education we decided on T4L.

The more I learn the more I am happy with the content, the resources and the help!

Thank you for providing education online to allow us to maintain our lifestyle!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Yet one more new user...

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for introducing your family.

Sixth grade is hard. Is he/she balking because of the difficulty, because it's new, or just to be ornery? A lot of kids need to start a level or two lower than their actual grade level, just until they get accustomed to a new way of learning. Feel free to adjust grade levels as necessary. Your children can even work at different grade levels in different subjects.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

mom2ahrj is offline Member

Default Re: Yet one more new user...

hi! i also started three of my kids last week: coincidentally a 6th grader, a 3rd grader and a preK - my 6th grader has been LOVING it! but that may have to do with the fact that she came from a very dry, textbook curriculum that gave barebones explanations of concepts before throwing assignments at her - t4l thoroughly explains concepts and does so in a very entertaining way - my third grader feels the same - and she has more than tripled her reading fluency score in just a week!

have you tried doing some of the suggested activities in the lessons? i didn't even know about them at first but i took the time to look into them over the weekend for the lessons coming up - this week we've been adding those in and the kids have had a blast with it - even my oldest (who isn't a t4l student) has been joining in! give your 6th grader some more time - they might come around

jenn