Hello, Michiganders...We're new to T4L!

Default Hello, Michiganders...We're new to T4L!

I wanted to introduce myself...I'm Patty, and I've homeschooled my two boys, ages 12 and 9 since the beginning. I've tried many different methods of homeschooling, and I'm finding that I wanted to try a computer based program. I'm looking forward to less planning and grading on my part. I think my boys are really going to like this format of learning much better than traditional textbooks and workbooks. They actually did their first lesson today in language arts. I thought it was TERRIFIC! They weren't sure if they liked it, but I think they will come around. They thought it was a bit too "little kiddish!" I think it's just very different from what they're used to. Anyway, looking forward to chatting with you all.

esalcedo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I wanted to introduce myself...I'm Patty, and I've homeschooled my two boys, ages 12 and 9 since the beginning. I've tried many different methods of homeschooling, and I'm finding that I wanted to try a computer based program. I'm looking forward to less planning and grading on my part. I think my boys are really going to like this format of learning much better than traditional textbooks and workbooks. They actually did their first lesson today in language arts. I thought it was TERRIFIC! They weren't sure if they liked it, but I think they will come around. They thought it was a bit too "little kiddish!" I think it's just very different from what they're used to. Anyway, looking forward to chatting with you all.
    Welcome This is our second year and it will be a much more "planned" one at that. I have a 14 year old autistic son who functions at a lower level and this by far is perfect. This together with field trips, etc. will be great for him