List of Performances by Homeschool Performing Arts in SW Michigan!
    aandwsmom is offline Senior Member

Default List of Performances by Homeschool Performing Arts in SW Michigan!

Click thru the link below to get to the Homeschool Performing Arts webpage! They have several plays coming up, by homeschool children!
    Homeschool Performing Arts/HPA

Here is brief history of HPA:
    Homeschool Performing Arts (HPA) brings together a community of homeschool families in which students and parents work together using the talents that God has given us, to produce music, drama, and musical theatre productions that glorify and honor the Lord. Parents and students working side by side toward a common goal; this is the very nature of homeschooling and the strength of HPA.

Homeschool Performing Arts began in Grand Rapids in 1997, grew to include Kalamazoo in 2004, and Lansing in 2008. God has certainly blessed us! We began with a few students in drama classes and HPA has now grown to include:
    • Multiple Drama and Musical Productions in Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Lansing
    • Drama Classes and Choir Classes in both Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo
    • Summer Performing Arts Camps in all three cities

Syd'sMom is offline Member

My daughter is almost 13 and homeschools in Van Buren County. Can she participate in the Homeschool Performing Arts group? How much religion is involved?

aandwsmom is offline Senior Member

I would contact the group thru the above link. They perform in Kalamazoo which is in Van Buren County, so maybe. As for how much religion, they seem to talk about God a lot just in their info so I would say religion is a part of their outlook but I am not a part of the group, just received the info on them in my inbox and wanted to pass it on in case anyone was interested! And many religious groups do talk about/believe in God but tone it down so that both religious and secular homeschoolers feel welcome. Again, I would totally contact them thru the link above and ask! Never hurts to ask!
    Hope this helps and let us know what you find out!!!