Looking for help...
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By beanersmom

Thread: Looking for help...

beanersmom Guest

Smile Looking for help...

Hello. I have been searching everywhere and am not sure where to go. We are located in Michigan and are looking to hire an in-home tutor/teacher to homeschool our daughter. Does anyone have any information or a direction you can lead us? Thanks for your help!
    RachelM likes this.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there! I'm not from Michigan, so I can't give personal advice, but I did find this site...it might lay things out better for you! http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ho...s_122555_7.pdf

Good luck!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

RachelM is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi,
    I am also in MI, the U.P. and am looking for the same thing! If you could let me know if you find a resource out there. I am actually offering a home on a farm in exchange for this assistance. Thanks!

Check out the homeschool laws for Michigan and looking at HSLDA's website (Homeschool Legal Defense Association) should help. Last I was aware someone else cannot homeschool another person's kids and the parent or legal guardian has to be the main teacher/instructor. I am not sure if this applies if the person you hire is a certified teacher. Check out the laws, like I said, and HSLDA is a great place to start!