Thinking about pulling my child out of Public School
    Unregistered Guest

Default Thinking about pulling my child out of Public School

Hello all, My wife and I are very unhappy with the public school system, and would like to pull our daughter out of 1st grade and start homeschooling. We live in mid-Michigan and are trying to find links on the laws if we are allowed to do this mid year. Also when can you register for being a home school. I seen that if your not registered you may not be able to test at the public schools. We would like to be able to give our daughter the best education we can. We would also like to leave her the option to returning to a public school for high school. We are looking at buying the Time 4 Learning program to go along with our teaching. I have had my daughter try some of the demo's and for the first time I seen her light right up when she was learning, and she was also able to retain a lot more of it. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks and God Bless.

Unregistered Guest

Default Mid Michigan Schools

Sounds like I am having the same problem as you... I have been talking to the school about it for weeks and we are switching my 5th grader to part time school/ part time home for the rest of this year to see if he will adjust well before completely removing him from public schools. I don't know why you are thinking of doing it but I have noticed that my son hates going to school and then having to come home and do 3-4 hours of homework at night because he always seems to be behind and discouraged. There is a lot of information for first time home schooling parents online https://www.time4learning.com/homesc...meschool.shtml

But also MDE - Nonpublic & Home Schools

To be honest, I do not think you have to register or anything. It's your choice what your child learns and your choice how fast they work through things.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Thinking about pulling my child out of Public School

[QUOTE=Unregistered;64302]Hello all, My wife and I are very unhappy with the public school system, and would like to pull our daughter out of 1st grade and start homeschooling. We live in mid-Michigan and are trying to find links on the laws if we are allowed to do this mid year. Also when can you register for being a home school. I seen that if your not registered you may not be able to test at the public schools. We would like to be able to give our daughter the best education we can. We would also like to leave her the option to returning to a public school for high school. We are looking at buying the Time 4 Learning program to go along with our teaching. I have had my daughter try some of the demo's and for the first time I seen her light right up when she was learning, and she was also able to retain a lot more of it. Any and all help would be appreciated.

I was wondering if you decided to pull your daughter out mid-year and what your process was if you did. We too live in mid-Michigan and would like to begin homeschooling my eight-year old daughter after Christmas break. I was told by another homeschooling mother that all was required of her was to send a letter to the school letting them know she was homeschooling to avoid truancy. That seems like an easy enough process but I want to get some other opinions and experiences on the matter.
    Thanks!

cindylove15.pp is offline Junior Member

[QUOTE=Unregistered;71947]
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello all, My wife and I are very unhappy with the public school system, and would like to pull our daughter out of 1st grade and start homeschooling. We live in mid-Michigan and are trying to find links on the laws if we are allowed to do this mid year. Also when can you register for being a home school. I seen that if your not registered you may not be able to test at the public schools. We would like to be able to give our daughter the best education we can. We would also like to leave her the option to returning to a public school for high school. We are looking at buying the Time 4 Learning program to go along with our teaching. I have had my daughter try some of the demo's and for the first time I seen her light right up when she was learning, and she was also able to retain a lot more of it. Any and all help would be appreciated.

I was wondering if you decided to pull your daughter out mid-year and what your process was if you did. We too live in mid-Michigan and would like to begin homeschooling my eight-year old daughter after Christmas break. I was told by another homeschooling mother that all was required of her was to send a letter to the school letting them know she was homeschooling to avoid truancy. That seems like an easy enough process but I want to get some other opinions and experiences on the matter.
    Thanks!
    hi my name is shakema elizabeth nj school kick my son out over shots in sept 2016 i had no other choice but to home school him so far time 4 learning is ok i just dont like you cant get direct answers from them but you do have the right to homeschool you have to goto the board of ed

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. Are you concerned that you can't get answers to your questions from Time4Learning? I want to make sure you are aware of your parent account and the Contact Us link at the bottom of most pages on the site. You can send an email or make a phone call using info from the Contact Us link. Then, of course, there's this forum. There is also a Facebook group. Search for Time4Learning Families on Facebook.

Hope this helps you get some answers.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!