Moving to Africa with no DOD or International School
    Unregistered Guest

Default Moving to Africa with no DOD or International School

Hello, so my husband is being assigned to an Embassy that has no school support. I have tried the samples they have given through this program, and my daughter loves them. However, since it's not a "school" and is only offering curriculum, where do her school records go? The link you've provided to the DOD website has "been moved", so if you can find the current link, that would be so fantastic for me. We will start our transition the end of October, so I'm really trying to get all of our ducks in a row before I head to a third world country with limited resources. Thank you!

Nicole McGhee is offline Senior Member

Hi! I have not homeschooled OCONUS before so I'm looking up the information. Hopefully, I'll have something for you soon!
    ~Nicole
    Homeschooling My Three Sons
    5th Grade, 1st Grade, and a preschooler!
    Army Family since 2003

Nicole McGhee is offline Senior Member

So I've been looking to see if I could find any information to help you. I'm not sure I have, but here's what I found. I sure hope you are finding the answers you need.
    ~Nicole
    Homeschooling My Three Sons
    5th Grade, 1st Grade, and a preschooler!
    Army Family since 2003

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole McGhee View Post
    So I've been looking to see if I could find any information to help you. I'm not sure I have, but here's what I found. I sure hope you are finding the answers you need.
    Thank you for finding this! So, if I have to fill out the education plan, and I choose Time4learning.com for my course material.. will they have the answers I need to fill out the form? I can't even tell you how lost I am to make a decision that will make NDSP happy as well as my daughter. I've gotten a lot of suggestions about what curriculum to use, I'm just not sure if time4learning is enough of what we need. And other online programs won't let me register in the middle of the school year. We thought we were leaving in November, but now not until mid-December. This is really stressing me out. I want the easy answer, but there just doesn't seem to be one.

Thanks again for your help!

CorrieKey is offline Junior Member Newbie

HI. I am currently stationed with my husband in Sydney, Australia. We are here for 2-3 yrs and just arrived in Oct. I also was looking into homeschooling and was suprised at how little support I got from the military. However once we arrived the military person in charge of our assignment let me know what I had to provide for homeschooling. I joined T4L because I thought it would be a good way to keep the girls learning while I worked out my formal Homeschooling cirriculum. However I LOVE T4L and will be using it fulltime. It is nice to know that it is American based and the girls (8 and 7) will have no problem adjusting back to an american school system. As for providing the education plan I actually submitted only to find out it is not needed anymore. I am not sure if that is worldwide but for the Pacific region it is not needed and unless I am requesting reimbursement I do not need to provide them anything at all. I know the transfer is difficult and I am sorry I did not see your post earlier but I hope things worked out for you. If you have any questions on T4L I am more than willing to help. Good Luck.