Tell us about your school!
    Nicole McGhee is offline Senior Member

Default Tell us about your school!

Tell us a little about your homeschool.

Do you have a dedicated workspace?
    Do you start at a specific time?
    Do you have more than one child that uses T4L, thus needing to have a computer schedule?
    Are you trying to school with a little one running/crawling around?

What's school like in your house?
    ~Nicole
    Homeschooling My Three Sons
    5th Grade, 1st Grade, and a preschooler!
    Army Family since 2003

Nicole McGhee is offline Senior Member

Suppose I'll answer my own question and see if that helps anyone else share.

We do have a dedicated school room. I have a big table in there so we can all sit and work together. It's a large room so half of it is set up like the play room. This helps by keeping all of us together during our school day. My school aged boys can work on their assignments while my toddler plays on the train table.

We try to start our school time around 10:00. I know that's terribly late to some. We school until about 12:30 and then break for lunch. Afterwards, we'll get started around 1:30 or so and finish up what's left.

I have two boys using T4L this year and it is creating a need to schedule who is using the computer when. We have a small netbook, but it travels with my husband. I'm planning on getting a laptop to set up on our school table so we can have another area for a child to work or for me to get my stuff done.

I do have a toddler creating chaos wherever he goes this school year. It's often challenging, but I've got a lot of toys set up for when he wants to play and a lot of toddler busy bags set up for when he wants to "do school" so it's been manageable.

Ok, how about you?
    ~Nicole
    Homeschooling My Three Sons
    5th Grade, 1st Grade, and a preschooler!
    Army Family since 2003