Additional Assessments???
    meloyellow100 Guest

Default Additional Assessments???

I am new to homeschooling and am wondering what to use for supplemental assessments for
    subjects not covered in standardized testing? Required subjects such as physical education and health are not covered on a standardized test(such as CAT/5). The district form states I need to list what further assessments I will use in these subjects. This is all so new to me and I am overwhelmed. I will be homeschooling my son for second grade. Also, is the yearly standardized test CAT/5 one that is commonly used by anyone on this forum?

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there! I'm sorry that this response is so delayed...I was out of town most of last week through the weekend. You know, I know this isn't at all helpful, but I would ask the school board what they expect from you in regards to assessing those other subjects. Some districts may just want like a written report of what you covered and how your children improved at the end of the year from where they were at the beginning of the year.

As far as tests go, here is T4L's page for Minnesota Standardized tests. A lot of good info there.

I know this wasn't awesomely helpful or anything, lol, but I hope I have given you a good starting point. Keep us posted on how things are going for you!

Looking forward to chatting with you more...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!