1. mamaneedham - 08-07-2010, 10:06 PM
    It's almost that time of year....Back to School!

Are any of you out there homeschooling for the first time this year? Do you have the jitters about it, or are you confident you're able to handle it? I was awfully nervous my first year! Speak up and let's hear from you newbies - how can we help you transition???
  2. momof3greatkiddos - 09-07-2010, 09:07 PM
    Hi,

I am brand new to homeschooling. I am very nervous. I keep questioning myself and wondering am I doing more harm than good. I have a lot of people telling me that I'm crazy. I live in a small town and I only know of one other family that homeschools here. It would be great to have a support system.
  3. mamaneedham - 09-08-2010, 10:00 PM
    Welcome to your online support system! Post your questions & concerns if you like and hopefully someone here will be able to offer some helpful advice.

You're right though, you really need a support sytem in "real life" too. Here's a link to our Minnesota page. Maybe it will give you some ideas for where to start. I'd also recommend heading over to Yahoo Groups and doing a search for homeschool support groups near where you live. That's usually a great way to meet up with people in your local area for play dates, fieldtrips, and sharing notes with other moms nearby. Belonging to a local support group would also help your kids make friends with other homeschoolers, among other things.

Welcome to T4L! Let us know how we can help!