Summer is here (really, I know it doesn't feel that way)! Time to get out and DO something!

Most of our summer field trips revolve around trips to the library for their summer reading program. Many MN libraries offer some sort of reading program with special incentives for reaching reading goals. Ours offers a fantastic party at the end of the summer for the kids with prizes, pizza, and a special show!

Another of our favorite summer field trips is to visit the Munsinger Clemens Gardens in St. Cloud. These fantastic gardens are open to the public and free! The gardens feature several "color gardens" (think all white, all red, all purple) as well as rose gardens, many fantastic huge fountains, and the lower gardens border the Mississippi! Just down the street from the gardens is Riverside Park which has fantastic amenities like disc golf, picnic tables, a great series of play equipment suitable for many ages, and a free splash pad (think gigantic, multicolored sprinklers that change pressure). I wish I had a decent picture of the park, those I've been able to find just don't do it justice. This field trip is easily a full day's worth of activities, especially if you bring a picnic lunch to enjoy.

So get out there and enjoy it! Stop by here and tell us about it: what are your favorite summer MN field trips?