Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Unregistered
  • 1 Post By monnalu
  • 1 Post By Isaac's mom 7

Thread: So Many Questions

Unregistered Guest

Default So Many Questions

Hello,

My son is in 8th grade and did online school last spring. We decided to do homeschooling as right now our internet is going in and out and making it impossible for him to get online for school. However, I have NO idea where to find the correct curriculum and what am I supposed to do here. I am a teacher for crying out loud and I feel like I can't navigate this process to save my life! HELP!!! Please steer me in the direction I need to go because I need to get him going on this ASAP! Thank you!!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there! I wish I could help you! We primarily use Time4Learning, which is online. The only offline materials we use are reference books and the occasional worksheet. Hopefully some other members will chime in with suggestions. In the meantime, poke around the other boards on the forum here and see if you can find some resources mentioned.

Good luck!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Unregistered Guest

Thank you! I am just trying to learn all I can to get started. Thanks for the help!
    bailbrae likes this.

monnalu is offline Member

Check with your state board of education and your local school board to determine the requirements for your particular state and school district--they all publish their standards. Then find a prepared curriculum that meets those requirements, or develop your own curriculum. I have done both successfully. I just always make sure I've planned lessons to cover the mandated requirements in case my student wants to return to traditional school. So far both (I have homeschooled both my grandchildren) one is excelling public high school, and the 4th grader is over half way done with the requirements for 4th grade and had tested very well on standarized tests. The 4th grader is enrolled in a public charter school so we have the support financially, but I develo her curriculum based on California requirements. We use T4L for everything except social studies because she needs California history, and Latin which is not offerred anywhere in our area. The auditors of her charter school have been impressed with her success.
    bailbrae likes this.

Isaac's mom 7 is offline Junior Member

Hi everyone, I asked this question before but I still can not get what I need. lol ok, WV requires me to send in a Notice of Intent to Homeschool, with a 2nd Grade Lesson plan for the year. I need a lesson plan on here to print off that does not have all the extra pictures & info all over it, & one that is very general, like the 2nd grade Overview. It would work, but I can't get it to print without the add's & so much other stuff :/ How did you all do this when you start each year. I am so intimidated by this. lol Help
    bailbrae likes this.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac's mom 7 View Post
    Hi everyone, I asked this question before but I still can not get what I need. lol ok, WV requires me to send in a Notice of Intent to Homeschool, with a 2nd Grade Lesson plan for the year. I need a lesson plan on here to print off that does not have all the extra pictures & info all over it, & one that is very general, like the 2nd grade Overview. It would work, but I can't get it to print without the add's & so much other stuff :/ How did you all do this when you start each year. I am so intimidated by this. lol Help
    Hi there! In your parent login, you can print the lesson plans. They don't have the ads or pictures, but they are much more detailed than the overview. What I have done in the past is just copy and paste the text from the grade level overview into a word doc to print. Also, in your parent login, under student records, you can print a letter of enrollment. It doesn't have the lesson plans though, but it does look very official. Good luck!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!