Welcome new members! Please introduce yourselves!
    mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Default Welcome new members! Please introduce yourselves!

1. mamaneedham - 09-04-2010, 01:56 PM
      Welcome to the Minnesota Group, everyone! Given that it's time for back to school, I thought maybe we could all introduce ourselves. In the process, maybe we'll find other people we live nearby or have lots in common with. Maybe we'll just make new friends!

I'll start...
      I have 5 kiddos and we've been homeschooling 4 years now. We primarily use T4L but supplement here and there....a little of this, a little of that. My philosophy is more "unschooling" than anything else. It works for us!

Who's next? Please share a little about yourself!
    2. momof3greatkiddos - 09-07-2010, 09:02 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have three kids. Ages are 10, 9 and 3. We just started homeschooling this year. I just signed up with T4L. I'm very excited about it. The kids love it because they get to do their work on the computer.
    3. mamaneedham - 09-08-2010, 09:48 PM

Nice to meet you Momof3!!! Welcome!

Anyone else?
    4. mkitt10 - 02-27-2011, 12:51 PM
      Hello!
      I'm the mom of DD9 and DS7. I've been homeschooling since this fall and we are having a blast! We are using T4L for mostly math (though they have been going through the rest of the lessons for "fun"), and really like the program. We are using SOTW (Story of the World) for history, Spelling Workout, and Susan Wise Bauer's programs for writing and grammar. We are located in a southeastern suburb. It's nice to meet those already on the Board!
    5. mamaneedham - 02-28-2011, 03:22 PM
      Hi there - thanks for introducing yourself! We supplement T4L with some of the same curriculum choices you're using.
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com

Unregistered Guest

Default newby

I have four kids 3, 6, 7, 14. We are homeschooling for the 1st time this yr and just registered with T4L today. I found this website and thought it would be good for my son who is beginning to hate and shriek with textbook math. I hope it works then I thought well lets register my Pre K and K for supplement and fun as well.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have four kids 3, 6, 7, 14. We are homeschooling for the 1st time this yr and just registered with T4L today. I found this website and thought it would be good for my son who is beginning to hate and shriek with textbook math. I hope it works then I thought well lets register my Pre K and K for supplement and fun as well.
    Hi there and welcome! We hated textbooks as well. I hated them much more than my son did, lol, but still...they weren't and still aren't liked by any of us. Please feel free to ask any questions you have, share your experiences, or even just vent if you need to.

Looking forward to chatting with you more!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!