Any homeschoolers near Ocean Springs?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any homeschoolers near Ocean Springs?

dannjackie04 Guest

Default Any homeschoolers near Ocean Springs?

My family lives in Vancleave, MS... right on the Ocean Springs line. My daughter is 6 and in first grade. My son is 8 and in third grade. This is our first year homeschooling and just started TFL. I'm wondering if there are any other families near here.

Thanks

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums, to time4learning, and to homeschooling. It is the most exciting journey you can go on. My first piece of advice for new families is to find a good homeschool support group. Follow this link to find some groups in the state. Get to know the children's librarian at your local library. They usually know who the homeschoolers are. Go to the library, play spaces, museums, and things like that during the day when school is in session. Don't be afraid to approach other families you see there who have children close to the ages of yours. If they are at the museum while school is in session they are probably homeschoolers.

Best wishes on your journey. Feel free to come back here and ask any questions you might have.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Unregistered Guest

Default Homeschool Support group in Ocean springs

Quote Originally Posted by dannjackie04 View Post
    My family lives in Vancleave, MS... right on the Ocean Springs line. My daughter is 6 and in first grade. My son is 8 and in third grade. This is our first year homeschooling and just started TFL. I'm wondering if there are any other families near here.

Thanks

Hi! We have a support group based in Ocean Springs! Magnolia State Home Educators. You can find us on Facebook or at Magnolia State Home Educators Association

Blog Entries

Thanks for this information.

Dgurley Guest

Smile Local

Quote Originally Posted by dannjackie04 View Post

Thanks
    I live in Hurley. This is my first year to homeschool. I am homeschooling my 12 year old gifted son. So far so good.

Blog Entries

I love seeing families meet on here. Hope you guys can connect.

ShannonO is offline Junior Member Newbie

We live in Vancleave also. This is my second year homeschooling my 8 year old son.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgurley View Post
    I live in Hurley. This is my first year to homeschool. I am homeschooling my 12 year old gifted son. So far so good.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums Shannon. Please let us know if there is anything we can help with.

paglia is offline Junior Member

Hello! We live in Pascagoula and have been doing this homeschooling thing since 2006 over here.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums Paglia.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast