Anyone from Hattiesburg area?
    Armybrat is offline Junior Member Newbie

Cool Anyone from Hattiesburg area?

I am new to Home School. We are a military family, and our son failed the 4th grade last year. Austin has gaps in his education due to moving all over Gods Green Earth. We have moved a ton of times. We actually have orders to Germany in 7 months. I am just fed up with teachers that push adhd meds. I feel like we owe it to our child to give him a better education. I have heard so many times that he takes away from the other children because he's so behind. I have noticed that children can be more mature than their teachers.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I understand what your son is going through. Moving all over the world can cause a problem for kids. That's just one more reason why I think homeschooling is so important. No matter where they go they can have the same consistent education. We have a special forum just for military families. You might find that very helpful.

I agree that often the children have more empathy than the teachers. Wait until you spend some time around homeschooled kids. They are awesome.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Default Hattiesburg

Hi, I am starting to homeschool my grandson in Hattiesburg.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Judy. I hope you and armybrat can get together. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota