Desperate for help to homeschool remainder of year
    Unregistered Guest

Default Desperate for help to homeschool remainder of year

I am moving to Mississippi from Alabama and dislike the school In My district so i need to homeschool the remainder of this school year he is in kindergarten and I have no idea what all needs to be done or even if I can enroll so late in the year without him being held back he is very smart

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hey there! Here are the Mississippi homeschool laws...that's always a good place to start. So you can make sure that you know what the state expects of you. Looks fairly easy and straightforward. I can't help as to whether or not he would get held back. Each state is different as far as placement exams and/or what they require to re-enroll from a homeschool. Are you planning on putting him back in public school next year? Wouldn't you be in same school district? :/ If you aren't putting him back in public school, then you won't have to worry about him being held back or anything...

Here are the T4L Kindergarten lesson plans, so you can see what is taught at the Kindy level. I would also suggest you visit the Home School Families and Members Chat on Using Time4Learning forums, to see what other families have done when they pull their child out late in the year.

Good luck!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!