Favorite Frugal Tips
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    five_blessed is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Favorite Frugal Tips

Have you ever noticed how homeschooling families can do just about anything? It's not uncommon at all to talk with members of the homeschooling community where the conversation leads to home hair cuts, homemade clothing, vegetable gardening, homemade cleaning products, etc. That's just "our world"! I, for one, love the freedom of teaching and discovering new ways of doing just about anything in the "frugal" way. When tough times do come along (and they will), our children have already seen and participated in doing things for themselves. The emotional stress that comes along with tough times is much less in families where frugality is practiced on a daily basis.

NOW....what I am asking is for each reader to share a favorite frugal tip. It doesn't matter what! Just remember how you learned each new "tip" from someone else and how much it has helped you! Maybe you discovered something on your own and you want others to be able to enjoy it also. Whatever the case, click on the REPLY button and exercise those fingers!

Blessings,
    Rhonda

It's Time4Learning. And Fun!

"Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

srbrts is offline Senior Member

i like checking coupons for grocery, you'll be surprise how much money you can save. i print off things i know i will use. http://coupons2.smartsource.com/smar...=5S2ZUA6PWPEPO
    if im buying an item online, before i hit submit to purchase, ill check a coupon code.

Blog Entries

srbrts....Thanks for your comment and the LINKS! LOVE it! Saving money with grocery coupons is one of my favorite ways! I love finding new strategies for it and it's people like you that help me do it! Thanks a million!
    Blessings,
    Rhonda

"Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

Blog Entries

Hi srbrts, Would you happen to have any budget friendly tips on curriculum? It would be nice if we could use coupons there, huh? : )
    Blessings,
    Rhonda

i havent seen actual coupons that i can print really. but if you go to bookstores, ask their homeschool discount, normally 20% and they will give you a member card. make sure u have an id or document u can show them. i print off and showed the id i made (my profile pic) to my local bookstore.
    my favorite is barnes and noble actually sells their workbooks a couple of dollar less.
    office max/office depot/staples for cartridges, printing paper, etc....ask their saviings programs.
    anything discount wise i can find..ill make sure to post it.
    i have some www.schoolexpress.com unit studies i can give away. it cannot be attached using the forum. check the site, let me know if you like the activities then send me a message ill pass it to you via YM.

I just recieved this today: Two sales:

1) Currclick will have Spring Into Savings Sale during March 23-April 5th. Math Mammoth individual titles at Currclick will be 20% off (but NOT the Blue Series packages). Everyone can take part in this sale.

http://www.currclick.com/

2) Only for homeschoolers! Homeschool Buyers Co-op has a group buy for Math Mammoth package products going on right now. It will run till March 31, at which date it will close. The discount is either 20%, 30%, or 40% - the discount gets deeper the more people "jump on board". The products will only be delivered after the March 31 date.

You need to be a member of the co-op in order to participate.

If you are a member, see http://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/math-mammoth/ for more details and to take part.

Blog Entries

WOW! Thanks a heap!
    Blessings,
    Rhonda

LessonPathways is now free! http://www.lessonpathways.com/
    Lesson Pathways is now FREE!
    Yes, you read that correctly! The best site on the web for online, educational resources is now FREE! (Learn more about our transition to free service)
    We've found the very best online lessons, projects, games, and activities for K-5 students and we've assembled them into ready-to-teach, weekly topic units. Sign up now to take advantage of everything Lesson Pathways has to offer: over 900 FREE weekly topic units; pre-screened, high quality, online resources; and an easy-to-use Planner, allowing you to customize your child's curriculum or supplement.

http://www.theheadoftheclass.com/Spl...plashPage.aspx
    available: preschool to second grade. they will release 3rd grade in April. 4th-6th in 2010 and 7th and 8th in 2011.

Head of the Class is Free!

At Head of the Class, we believe education should be free! After you create your login, you can access our curriculum-based instruction, videos, multimedia, applications, and worksheets for free!
    Last edited by srbrts; 03-12-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast