Getting started with homeschool
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Getting started with homeschool

    What do I need to do to get my daughter started homeschooling in MS? We have 2 addresses, one in Alabama and one in Miss. Alabama requires a cover school. We travel constantly, and I'd just rather do the easier one. Do I just go by the school board and tell them I am homeschooling her and fill out some paper work or is there something more I need to do?

  2. #2
    Olive is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012


    I don't know how you determine which address you can use for school. Do you spend equal time at both? I don't know if legally it matters.

    As far as easier, it is easier to homeschool in Mississippi. You can view the law online:

    You need to fill out a form (it's like the size of an index card) which you can get from the attendance officer. The due date isn't til Sept. 15th for Miss. so you can wait til school is back in session to request it (sometime in August. You can call the school then). Sometimes there are other ways to obtain the cards like at a homeschooling seminar or co-op registration. No matter how you obtain it, you need to be sure to mail it in (or drop off in person) to the correct person for your location. Do not worry about the description of curriculum. You can say something as simple as, "curriculum suited for grade __."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts