High School Credits?
    AmyLoo is offline Junior Member Newbie

Exclamation High School Credits?

I'm new to the world of homeschooling so I'm up to my eyeballs in researching various programs / sites. I have a question about T4L. If my daughter (11th grade) uses this site for a course or multiple courses, does she not receive a credit for that? I'm very confused on how a student gets credit or what programs result in a credit. I've read some blogs that say this particular program, they will not receive credits??

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

The only way to receive credit toward high school graduation is to use an accredited school. Time4Learning is a curriculum. It is not an accredited high school. That does not mean that your child can not use t4l to complete high school. She just will not receive a diploma from a local high school. Many colleges today will accept the parent's transcript as evidence that the required work has been completed. In fact many colleges are actively seeking out homeschooled students. Our kids have often developed better study habits than public schooled kids. Another route that some parents take is to enroll their 14, 15, or 16 in a community college. By the time they are ready to complete high school they have already earned enough credits to transfer to a four year college. Some kids like to take the GED test to show that they have a solid understanding of the material. Whichever method you choose I am sure your daughter will have a great education.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Blog Entries

AmyLoo, I came across a great article today that I thought might answer some of your questions regarding your high schooler. Please let me know what you think. Frequently Asked Questions About Accredited Diplomas and Homeschooling

Miguel'smom is offline Member
    Blog Entries

There is also the option of her finals for each class being an AP exam. Then her transcripts come frome the college board but it's still not accredited.

Blog Entries

Thanks Miquel'smom.