Home School Form
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fairylover

Thread: Home School Form

BobGP383 Guest

Default Home School Form

I know there is a form that must be submitted to the Board of Education in order to home school my child. Where can I download that form on line

Thanks

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Here is what the law says about this form. "The form of the certificate of enrollment shall be prepared by the Office of Compulsory School Attendance Enforcement of the State Department of Education and shall be designed to obtain the following information only:
    (i) The name address telephone number and date of birth of the compulsory-school-age child;
    (ii) The name address and telephone number of the parent guardian or custodian of the compulsory-school-age child;
    (iii) A simple description of the type of education the compulsory-school-age child is receiving and if the child is enrolled in a nonpublic school the name and address of the school; and
    (iv) The signature of the parent guardian or custodian of the compulsory-school-age child or for any or all compulsory-school-age child or children attending a nonpublic school the signature of the appropriate school official and the date signed."

Here is a link for the actual form.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

littletfarms is offline Member

BTW, the link didn't work for me. Hopefully it does for someone else.

I have always been under the impression you had to get them from the truancy officers in your county. At least that is what they make us do in DeSoto County. DeSoto County doesn't accept copies. So, they probably wouldn't take a downloaded one from the web, either. That said, there is nothing in the law that prevents it from being available on the web.
    Denise in MS
    Homeschooling 4 blessings for 14 years.
    DD93, DS95, DS98, DD00

littletfarms is offline Member

Interestingly enough, even though it wouldn't allow me to go directly, I could still wiggle to it. See if you can go here and then find the link: http://homeschooling.gomilpitas.com/...m#.UD2YsaPuypl
    Denise in MS
    Homeschooling 4 blessings for 14 years.
    DD93, DS95, DS98, DD00

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

That's weird, the link works for me. But if you use the link Denise posted, go down to where it says certificate of enrollment and click on that.
    littletfarms likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota