Homeschooling in Mississippi
    fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Homeschooling in Mississippi

What is your favorite thing about homeschooling in Mississippi? Do you have a least favorite thing? What is it like for you in Mississippi?
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

MadisonJade'sMom is offline Junior Member

I thought it was going to be a dreadful experience trying to switch my daughter from public school to homeschool. However, the compulsory attendance law in Mississippi, in my opinion, is less strict than other states from what I've learned. You simply have to fill out a Certificate of Enrollment with the School Attendance Officer of your school district. This form asks you to list your name address, your child's info, what home instruction program you will be using (that is all... just the name with no details or proof), and your signature. You have to fill this out by September 15 of each year. That's all!!
    JB

Blog Entries

Yes, Mississippi is definitely one of the easier states to homeschool in. That's a huge plus.

SweetMissMagnolia is offline Junior Member Newbie

I haven't really had any problems....I homeschooled my nephew "way back when" LOL almost 20yrs ago and didn't know about support groups and such now that I have my on ds and am homeschooling him I'm a part of our local peak group--it's so much easier when you have other moms/families to talk to and support and exchange ideas....
    No act of kindness is wasted.

http://thecrazyhomeschoolersnextdoor.blogspot.com/
    http://sweetmissmagnoliachat.blogspot.com/

Julie: sahm/homeschooling mom/wife

Blog Entries

Support groups are absolutely so important. I was talking to some of the moms today at the Not Back To School picnic. We all agreed that the picnic was not for the kids to socialize, it was so the moms could spend time together.