I have a 5 year old and brand new @ homeschooling.
    caitlan Guest

Exclamation I have a 5 year old and brand new @ homeschooling.

Hello,

My husband and I are looking into homeschooling our daughter this year. We are brand new at this. nine of of our friends do homeschooling so we really have no one to ask but google, and we all know how that goes. We are just looking for a few suggestions on where to start first. We want to make extra we make the right choice with picking what company to go though. ANYTHING WILL HELP.
    thankx cait

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I have a 5 year old and brand new @ homeschooling.

Hi, Cait. You might be interested in the free Welcome to Homeschooling guide.

The first thing I would do is look up your state's homeschool laws on your state's Department of Education website. Every state's homeschool laws are different.

Since new homeschool parents often feel pressured to keep even their very young children busy "doing school" all day long, I like to point new people to this article: How Long is a Homeschool Day?

I also try to help new people avoid the struggle I had with developing a "homeschool mindset" by having them read Homeschool or School at Home?

Please keep in touch here on the forum and let us know how things are going!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!