Important question!!
    Unregistered Guest

Default Important question!!

If I only homeschool my child for one semester, could I put them back into public school since I homeschooled them with this website?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Important question!!

All of the following information would apply, regardless of what curriculum you used to homeschool your child. The answer might be different if you used an online school (which many people mistakenly refer to as "homeschooling"). Time4Learning is not an online school. Time4Learning is for homeschooling.

Most public schools will enroll a previously homeschooled student at the grade level that corresponds to their age.

Public high schools do not have to award credit for non-public-school work, though, so it's a good idea to check with your school ahead of time if you are looking for high school credit. Most states leave it up to the school to decide what to award credit for. Sometimes it comes down to the opinion of the individual you are speaking with at the school. Many schools will have a process in place where you child can prove their credits (testing).

If your child is below high school age and you are wanting to enroll them in a grade level that would be expected for his or her age, you should be fine unless there have been previous disciplinary issues at the school.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!