Need some help not sure what I am doing?
    crissygayle is offline Junior Member

Question Need some help not sure what I am doing?

I am a mother of 3 in sunflower county.

1st question: When my children do the resource worksheets. Were do I record the grade? OR Do I at all?
    2nd question: How do I turn in the assignments from 7th grade social studies that my son has completed? The papers I mean.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

The worksheets are done along with the lessons. As your child is working through the lessons they will see the word Resources under a particular lesson. This is the worksheet for that lesson. Some people print them out at that time and do them right away. Others print out all the worksheets for the year and use them for review or when they will be away from the computer for the day. That way the learning can continue even when you're not home. I personally do not record grades on the worksheets. I keep them in a binder so I have hard copies of actual work that my son has done. This is a good thing to have available if any question should ever arise about what your child is learning.

As far as handing in assignments, if you look on the right hand side of the page under all of the editing tools you will see a blue hand holding an envelope. You click on this to hand in assignments. I think this is how you do it. My son hasn't done any of those lessons yet. If you try this and it doesn't work, let me know. I will contact someone to see what we are supposed to do.

Let me know if I can help in any other way.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

crissygayle is offline Junior Member

i got the impression from someone else that those papers are not graded. That handing in a paper to an online teacher is only available to publick school teachers.

Blog Entries

Let me double check on that for you. Like I said before my son hasn't gotten to that point yet so I have not paid much attention. I'll get back to you as soon as I get an answer.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! Odyssey Writer was designed for classroom use, so parents must grade those assignments manually. When your student clicks the Hand In button, he/she then chooses a fictitious "teacher" to hand the work in to. All this actually does is mark the lesson as completed, and causes the assignment to appear as a link in the student's reports. When you notice a writing assignment in your child's report you can click the link to print and manually grade it, or you can just view it online.

Manually graded writing assignments and printable resources are not included in the grade average. You can keep track of these assignments yourself and write them in your printable report, if you like. My own kids' reports are covered with my notes and scribbles.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Blog Entries

Thanks Kelly.