New To Home Schooling
    bettyoz Guest

Default New To Home Schooling

I need info fast to get started this coming week. The name I have for a Benton County School Attendance Officers is not a good number and no way to talk to her. I need info on how to start, what's the cost to me, etc, etc, HELP !!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Here is a link to the Certificate of Enrollment form. You fill it out and send it to the School Attendance Officer. The name I came up with is Attendance Officer Cameka Woods For help in locating her I would contact the school district office at
    31 Main Street, Ashland, MS 38603 Phone: (662) 224-6252 Fax: (662) 224-3607.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

There should be no cost to you for filing this form. This is the only thing you are required to do in Mississippi. How you teach, the curriculum you use, and things like that are up to you. Cost of homeschooling varies depending on the curriculum that you use, the field trips you go on, the support groups you belong to, memberships to museums and things like that. I have been using Time4Learning for my son since preK. He loves the interactive lessons and I love the ease of keeping records.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota