New to Home schooling in MS- Anyone in DeSoto County?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New to Home schooling in MS- Anyone in DeSoto County?

ep617 is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries

Cool New to Home schooling in MS- Anyone in DeSoto County?

We have been living in DeSoto County for almost two years. I have two high schoolers that home school, and after my middle school child struggled with the environment in the middle school. I took her out in October 2013. She has been using T4L for her schooling. Is there anyone out there who lives in the DeSoto County area?

Unregistered Guest

Default New to homeschooling

Hi,
    I'm about to pull my daughter from Southaven High to homeschool but I don't even know where to start to make sure she gets what she needs. Where did you start to find out what to do?

garyl77 Guest

Arrow Starting homeschool this summer

Hello,

We live in the county in Nesbit and will be starting homeschool next year. Private school is getting too expensive and the kids have extra curricular activities I want them to pursue. I am reading Home Schooling for Dummies to start off and then trying to pick a curriculum.

Gary
    [email protected]

feliciaPulliam Guest

My daughter is begging me to home school her. She is going into the 7th grade at Horn Lake Middle and has been a victim of bullying most of her life and the school nor the police department will do anything about it. I am scared to screw up her chances at college and need to be pointed in the right direction that won't cost me an arm and a leg. Any suggestions?

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by feliciaPulliam View Post
    My daughter is begging me to home school her. She is going into the 7th grade at Horn Lake Middle and has been a victim of bullying most of her life and the school nor the police department will do anything about it. I am scared to screw up her chances at college and need to be pointed in the right direction that won't cost me an arm and a leg. Any suggestions?
    I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's bullying! Hopefully someone here can chime in, but while you wait, here are the homeschooling laws in Mississippi...you can read through those so you know what the state expects of you.

Also, while you're waiting for other members here to tell you about homeschooling in your state, you can ask others about homeschooling in general, in some of our other forums, like Home School Families or New to Homeschool.

Good luck! Keep us posted!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

littletfarms is offline Member

Hi, I am in Southaven. We've homeschooled for 15 years. Are you aware of the Desoto County Homeschool Facebook group? You all may find it helpful.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DeSotoHomeEducators/
    bailbrae likes this.
    Denise in MS
    Homeschooling 4 blessings for 14 years.
    DD93, DS95, DS98, DD00

Unregistered Guest

Default Olive Branch here

Been in Olive Branch for a year now. Two of our kids go to public school but we home school our oldest son who is fourteen and starting high school this year. Last year was our first year for home schooling. We chose to home school him because he has Asperger's and the move from IL to MS plus starting a new school was just too much for all of us involved in his schooling. His last year in public school was just disastrous and we didn't want to go through it again.

I'm looking into this program. Would be interested in parent feedback.
    bailbrae likes this.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Been in Olive Branch for a year now. Two of our kids go to public school but we home school our oldest son who is fourteen and starting high school this year. Last year was our first year for home schooling. We chose to home school him because he has Asperger's and the move from IL to MS plus starting a new school was just too much for all of us involved in his schooling. His last year in public school was just disastrous and we didn't want to go through it again.

I'm looking into this program. Would be interested in parent feedback.
    Hi there and welcome! Sometimes the state forums can get a little quiet...especially during the summer months. To get more feedback, from more parents/families, please check out some of our forums like Home School Families, New to Homeschool and Thinking of Using Time4Learning.

Good luck!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Unregistered Guest

Default Help me

I need help understanding how T4L works in desoto county ms. please help me

Unregistered Guest

Default Olive Branch/Desoto County Christian Home Educators

Hi, just saw this thread and wanted to chime in, that there's a support group for Christian Home Educators in Desoto County, actually, there are several, but the one we are involved with is OBCHE in Olive Branch.
    http://www.obche.org

we've been homeschooling our 4 kids for the last 20 years, and we have about 8 more to go. Our oldest is now Graduated from Delta State and teaching 3rd grade.

Chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast