Where in Mississippi are you? - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Where in Mississippi are you?

sharkbait Guest

Hi there! were new here and we are in the Gulfport/Long beach area and would love some help.
    Im going to start homeschooling my 8 yr old son and he is very excited but im very nervous

anyone in this area? or anyone who can help me get him started it all so over whelming at this point.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Sharkbait. I just posted a list of homeschool support groups in Mississippi. Hopefully you will be able to find someone there who is in your area. As far as getting started there is a great guide to starting homeschooling here. I would suggest that you pour yourself a nice cup of tea and sit down with the forums. Read through past posts. Then ask any specific questions that you might have. We're all here to support each other.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

AngieLaspee is offline Junior Member

Hi everyone! I am from Grenada, and I have 3 children; a 5-year-old, and 3-year-old twins. We're new to Time4Learning, and today was my daughter's first day of Kindergarten lessons online. I've been teaching her myself, and I've realized that a lot of what she's going to be covering in the Kindergarten path is a little too easy for her, so she may be moving to first grade level a little faster than I expected.

Blog Entries

Hi Angie. Welcome to Time4Learning. I think one of the great things about time4learning is that we can move our children around to find the levels that meet their needs. If she were in school she would be stuck in kindergarten for the whole year. I love homeschooling and time4learning. I have a nine year old boy who has used this program since the beginning. Please let us know if we can help with anything.

Madsminimom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hello, I just found this website and I can't wait to share it with my daughter. We started homeschooling back in October and my daughter loves it. We are from Nettleton!

Blog Entries

Welcome to the list Madsminimom. Please tell us more about yourself and your daughter. I have a nine year old boy. We have been using time4learning since preK. We love it.

aniyeledeem is offline Junior Member

I don't live that far from you Im in Cleveland MS do you ever come this way

Blog Entries

Hi Aniyeledeem, Have you been able to connect with anyone in your area yet?

nikkih78 is offline Junior Member Newbie

I am in Newton County. I plan on homeschooling my youngest next school year. He's 6 and I just feel that he would do better in a one on one environment. He's doing great in kindergarten but he gets bored easily. He also has ADHD. I'm a little overwhelmed right now and don't even know where to start....

Blog Entries

Welcome Nikkih. A great place to start is by reading the Getting Started Guide. Pour yourself a nice cup of tea and sit down with the forums. Go over the older posts. You'll find that a lot of your questions have been asked and answered by others in the forums. Then when you have read enough to form some specific questions, come back here and we will try to help you with them. You will probably want to find a local in real life homeschool support group as well. We're all here to help you.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast