Advice Please

Thread: Advice Please

Unregistered Guest

Default Advice Please

Hi, I'm new to homeschooling and have been trying to find a really good, easy to use, comprehensive online program for my kids. I don't know much about Time4Learning, but would like to know a little more. Does anyone have any advice on whether it's worth it and what exactly it provides? I would be very appreciative. Thanks!!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi, I'm new to homeschooling and have been trying to find a really good, easy to use, comprehensive online program for my kids. I don't know much about Time4Learning, but would like to know a little more. Does anyone have any advice on whether it's worth it and what exactly it provides? I would be very appreciative. Thanks!!
    Hi there! We've been using T4L since Feb of 2007, and we love it! My oldest son, who started with it in 2nd grade, is still using it and is now in 9th grade. Having said all that, I would totally say it's worth it, but all families, and their educational needs, are different.

Here are a couple of links that you might helpful in helping you decide. The first is a forum where members chat on using Time4Learning. This is where you can read through posts and see how different families use the program. Members Chat on Using Time4Learning

The next is the Scope and Sequence for each grade level. Through this page, you can see what courses and what topics are covered at each grade level. Lesson Plans - Scope & Sequence

I hope those help! Good luck!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

I was answering your post, but accidentally exited the window before posting! So here I go again.

Welcome to homeschooling! We've been using Time4Learning several years now. I have been so glad to have found Time4Learning, and I'll tell you why we like it.
    We like that my daughter enjoys the interactive and animated lessons. I never have had to fuss with her to do school with T4L. She's learning how to work independently. And when she does, I can go back and view her progress report to see how she did. If she scored below 80%, we repeat the lesson together so I can see where she's having trouble. So I like that we can repeat lessons, or even quizzes as often as necessary with no penalties. Also, my daughter can work at her own pace. Because Time4Learning is not a school, but rather a program for homeschoolers, we have the flexibility to work at our own pace. I also like that my daughter can work at different grade levels for different subjects. This is helpful for us because my math has always been a challenge for my daughter, since she has some developmental challenges. So she's at a lower grade level in math than she is in her other subjects.

As a new homeschooler, you may find this guide for new homeschoolers helpful. Enjoy your homeschooling journey!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

Default thx!

Thank you for your input!!! My daughter has been passed through math in the public school system since fifth grade! This has hindered her abilities and self esteem in math and she is doing eighth grade T4L but I think we will take her down to seventh grade and see what happens. Does T4L offer any tutoring assistance?
    bailbrae likes this.