Back again

Thread: Back again

Bryan is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Back again

My family had convinced ( screamed , hollered , ect ) me to let my son go back to regular school. I didn't like the idea but went along with it on the following condition - any kind of crap that happens i will take him back out and re- enroll him here. Guess what he is going back here. The local school decided that since he has been homeschooled for the past 2 years that he has to be put into " special education classes " . They didnt even bother to do any testing or get my permission to do so . Regular school here has only been going on for about 2 weeks now and this already happened . I should have just kept him here like i wanted !

Bobbi Gregory is offline Junior Member

I'm sorry to hear that happened to your son. The special ed program kicked my son out and so here we are and happier for it! Maybe your family will leave you alone about it now? Good luck to you!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Bryan,
    What was the main reason that he (and other family) wanted him to go back? His friends? Being homeschooled is not a reason to be in "special ed". I'm glad that you have him home again. I hope that homeschooling will work out better for you and for him. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns, ok?
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Bryan is offline Junior Member

The main reason they wanted him to go back was that i would let him take 5 - 10 minute breaks when ever he needed to . They have never been on computers more than about 10 minutes at a time and didn't understand that sometimes you need a break to relax your eyes and hands from typing .

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Bryan,
    I think you are doing the right thing by allowing breaks when he needs them. The reality is, with one-on-one time he will still get more instruction time in a homeschool day with frequent breaks, than he would in public school. They waste so much time moving the children from place to place, and having to teach to an entire class instead of to one child means they cannot be as targeted as you can be in homeschool. Best of luck!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!