Don't know what I'm doing!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Don't know what I'm doing!

Unregistered Guest

Unhappy Don't know what I'm doing!

I just u enrolled my freshman from public school and just started this program 2 weeks ago and I have no idea what we're doing. I started a lesson plan that would end in late May but it's too much work to do daily to try and catch up. I tried to change the plan to end in late August to spread out assignments and now only 2 subjects even show. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to really get started with this? I've read everything on the site. We're both frustrated and wonder if we made the right decision. I'd appreciate any tips!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Don't know what I'm doing!

Hi.

Time4Learning provides a lot of lessons and a lot of tools. You don't have to use them all.

Here is step-by-step info on using the Activity Planner.

Here is a thread that explains how to weed out some of the lessons if there's too much work for your student to do. For my kids, two activities per subject is plenty each day (at the high school level).

Another option is to simply have your student take the chapter tests. If they do well on the test, they don't need to do the lessons in that chapter. If they don't do well on the test, they do the lessons in that chapter and try the test again.

There are a lot of choices, which can be confusing to new homeschoolers. The best place to learn about homeschooling high school is Let's Homeschool High School.com .
    Robin likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!