Help getting started
    Unregistered Guest

Default Help getting started

I have a current freshman, she is struggling with the structure of this school and we (her parents) do not agree with their methods of teaching among many other concerns with our district. We are wanting to start homeschooling for her sophomore year but unsure of where to start. Can someone help me with this?

Gracekelly is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Help getting started

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have a current freshman, she is struggling with the structure of this school and we (her parents) do not agree with their methods of teaching among many other concerns with our district. We are wanting to start homeschooling for her sophomore year but unsure of where to start. Can someone help me with this?
    What do you want to know?
    You're in MO; I'm in Iowa. The very first thing you want to know is your state's homeschool laws. You can check online at Missouri Dept. of Education. I believe in MO you don't need to do anything to homeschool. Tell them you're removing your child to homeschool and off you go. But definitely look at the website first.
    You can ask any question; there are many people here that will try to help you.

Katrah is offline Junior Member

The first thing to do is find out what the laws are for homeschooling in your state. Here's a great resource to start with for your state:

https://dese.mo.gov/governmental-affairs/home-schooling

Each state has different requirements and this is what you're going to want to follow for wherever you live.

Gracekelly is offline Junior Member

Yeah, that was the same thing I said previously; insert your state's name Department of Education.