How do you log your hours?
    shawniegore Guest

Default How do you log your hours?

Just curious on how you veterans keep track of your hours to prove that you are doing the required 1000/yr. So How do you log your hours? Any tips for me?

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

I have heard of a couple of ways, well, really variations on the same method.
    Some people keep a day planner, calendar book, or similar book and just mark the hours at the end of their day.
    Others go a bit more high tech and keep a spreadsheet, in Excel or other similar program.
    There is a variation on that where you use the document building function in a program like Google, or calendar function in your AOL.
    I met one family who used a notebook for each child, and on the top corner of each page, the mom wrote or had the older children write how long each activity took, for example, Spelling--Monday 7/23/12--40 minutes as the title on a page. I personally do not feel like I could be that precise, but this mom needed to keep up with the hours for multiple children and felt like such exactness would help when it came down to the final tallies. She did tally time at the end of each week, so it didn't get so overwhelming or long to compile and enter into her spreadsheets.
    Some people go ahead and approximate number of hours for music lessons, art lessons, foreign language lessons, coop classes, or other classes that are taken outside of the home, for the year. Once those are built in to your number of hours, then you can figure out how many hours you will need to accomplish per day to reach your ultimate goal of 1000 hours.
    I hope this helps!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

shawniegore is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default excel spreadsheet for all to use

I have made a very basic excel spreadsheet for keeping hours. I uploaded it here so that others can use it as well.

All you have to do is enter the number of hours you spend on each subject each day, and those hours will be automatically calculated into a daily and weekly total for you. I also included a monthly total down at the bottom. Simply input your weekly totals at the end of the week, and the hours will be totaled for the month for you.

This will work great if you have 9 subjects like we do. If you have more, or less than 9, please feel free to contact me, and I will make you your own personalized spreadsheet. Of course the subject titles are editable.

My email address is [email protected] Good Luck with the upcoming 2012-2013 school year Missouri homeschoolers!!

Example screenshot: screenshot of spreadsheet.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files

shawniegore is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default excel spreadsheet for all to use

I have made a very basic excel spreadsheet for keeping hours. I uploaded it here so that others can use it as well.

All you have to do is enter the number of hours you spend on each subject each day, and those hours will be automatically calculated into a daily and weekly total for you. I also included a monthly total down at the bottom. Simply input your weekly totals at the end of the week, and the hours will be totaled for the month for you.

This will work great if you have 9 subjects like we do. If you have more, or less than 9, please feel free to contact me, and I will make you your own personalized spreadsheet. Of course the subject titles are editable.

My email address is [email protected] Good Luck with the upcoming 2012-2013 school year Missouri homeschoolers!!

Example screenshot: screenshot of spreadsheet.jpg