Introduction

Thread: Introduction

Jame's_Mom is offline Junior Member

Default Introduction

Hi everyone. My name is Connie. I'm new to T4L, but not new to homeschooling. (We also homeschooled our 18 year old daughter, Tricia.) I live in Dexer, Mo and am looking for other homeschoolers in our area. My daughter, Jame', is 9 years old and is totally in love with T4L.

My husband and I both work as custodians for the public school system. We see first hand the ups and downs of public school, and thus, we homeschool. Its hard to not speak up sometimes, but it just makes us more thankful that we are able to homeschool our children.

Dexter is between Sikeston and Poplar Bluff on Hwy 60 and about an hour from the Arkansas border. (South East Mo) So, if you are near this area, please let me know.

If not from my area, I'd still love to hear from other Mo Homeschoolers. Support is very important when you are isolated as we are. So, it nice to meet you all and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Take care and God Bless!

Connie Ross, aka Jame's Mom

An educational system isn't worth a great deal if it teaches young people how to make a living but doesn't teach them how to make a life. ~Author Unknown

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Thanks for introducing! It is great to have you here. T4L is a great program and we hope that it will suit your child's needs. Since you are not new to homeschooling you know that it is a lot of work. T4L reduces the amount of parental work involved.

Missouri homeschoolers, if you live near Connie, why not drop a line here and let her know you're out there!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Jame's_Mom is offline Junior Member

Thanks Linda. Yes, homeschooling is alot of work. So, T4L is definately a big help especially with keeping up with the amount of time we spend schooling. I forgot to meantion that we are about 45 minutes South of Cape Girardeau, also.

I would love to hear from others near our area but am glad to be a part of this forum and meet others regardless of the miles between us.

Connie Ross, aka Jame's Mom

An educational system isn't worth a great deal if it teaches young people how to make a living but doesn't teach them how to make a life. ~Author Unknown

homeschoolmomma3 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Connie,
    I just wanted to drop by and say welcome to the group. I live in the opposite direction from you. I am about 2 hours north of Kansas City, near the border of IA. I love T4L too. I have a new baby in the house and T4L helps keep everything just a little more organized. Well I hope that you find some homeschoolers in your neck of the woods.
    Alethea