Looking for Pen Pals for my children this school year.
    Homeschooling in Ktown Guest

Default Looking for Pen Pals for my children this school year.

Hi everyone! This is our first year homeschooling. I am a civilian working with the military and serving overseas with my family. We are from Missouri, well my husband is, and we were stationed at Whiteman until I retired in 2006. I wanted to see if anyone would like to be pen pals with my twins, a boy and girl for this upcoming school year. I thought it would help them with their letter writing skills and communication skills. I thought that maybe we could do this 4 times a year or more if the kids are really into it. Let me know. Thanks! Sue

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Welcome to homeschooling and Time4Learning.

How old are your children? Maybe that piece of information might help you get some offers! (I don't live in Missour but my daughter might like to do it, depending on how old your kids are! She is 13.)
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Tyler N Andrea Sproston is offline Junior Member Newbie

This is also our first year homeschooling. We would like to do the same thing. We have twin 13 year old boys, a 10 year old daughter, and a 7 year old son. I believe this would be an excellent way to enhance their writing, comprehension, and communication skills. I am a stay at home Mom in Kansas City, Missouri and my husband is also from Missouri, I am from Iowa

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Andrea, I have not heard anything back from Sue and I can't seem to private message her. Perhaps there will be other homeschoolers who would like to work some type of pen pal group. Anyone??
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Post PenPal program

Hi, I am not sure if any new parents would like updated info about PenPal programs out there, but I noticed that the forum threads are kind of old. Just in case you're interested, I found this program that seems very nice. https://www.homeschool-life.com/1002/custom/29001

You register your child, and sign an agreement form. They will match your kid with a similar age and gender participating child, and will send you a starter kit that includes envelopes and stationary. It seems very interesting!

Unregisteredbrenda Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Homeschooling in Ktown View Post
    Hi everyone! This is our first year homeschooling. I am a civilian working with the military and serving overseas with my family. We are from Missouri, well my husband is, and we were stationed at Whiteman until I retired in 2006. I wanted to see if anyone would like to be pen pals with my twins, a boy and girl for this upcoming school year. I thought it would help them with their letter writing skills and communication skills. I thought that maybe we could do this 4 times a year or more if the kids are really into it. Let me know. Thanks! Sue
    my children would love to, my youngest 10 yrs. was wondering if they are going to get letters through the mail. My son would love pen pals. We live in Missouri, in the country. I have 4 children that I home school 1 has Autism we do have some problems with her she can not read, I can not get her interested in wanting to learn, we are also have problems with money(coins), & telling time. Brenda

Unregistered Guest

Default Pen Pal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler N Andrea Sproston View Post
    This is also our first year homeschooling. We would like to do the same thing. We have twin 13 year old boys, a 10 year old daughter, and a 7 year old son. I believe this would be an excellent way to enhance their writing, comprehension, and communication skills. I am a stay at home Mom in Kansas City, Missouri and my husband is also from Missouri, I am from Iowa
    I have a 9 year old daughter that I would love to set up with a Pen Pal!!! Please email me at [email protected] if anyone is interested!

Thanks!

I just signed up. Thanks for the info!

Hi Andrea,
    I am from Kansas City, MO. My granddaughters are 12 and 13. They have been homeschooled since last year. You can reach me at [email protected]. Nice to meet you.