Need Help! How do I let the public school know my daughter will not attend next year?
    soccergirl01 Guest

Exclamation Need Help! How do I let the public school know my daughter will not attend next year?

Can I just email the school with a note saying we are pursuing another avenue for her education??? Any help appreciated. We live in Missouri. Thanks for your help!!!!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soccergirl01 View Post
    Can I just email the school with a note saying we are pursuing another avenue for her education??? Any help appreciated. We live in Missouri. Thanks for your help!!!!
    Hi there! I'm not from Missouri (your state moderator is in the middle of trying to move at the moment, and things are a little crazy for them, lol), but here is what I found when I searched the Missouri Homeschool Laws...

“For the purpose of minimizing unnecessary investigations,” parents “may provide to the recorder of deeds of
    the county where the child legally resides, or to the chief school officer of the public school district where the child
    legally resides, a signed, written declaration of enrollment stating their intent” to home school within thirty days
    after establishment of the home school and on Sept. 1 each year thereafter. Mo. Ann. Stat. § 167.042. Filing is
    strictly optional. Filing may compromise the family’s privacy because the information is open to the public. Filing
    has occasionally caused a family to be investigated.

Hope that helped, at least a little!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

elizzy412 is offline Junior Member Newbie

I am in the St. Louis County area... when i called the district office they told me that in my area it will just automatically roll over unless they get enrollment papers from one of your area schools. I hope this helped.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by soccergirl01 View Post
    I took my kids out of public school in October of 2011, I live in Seneca, MO, I had to fill out a form explaining we would be homeschooling and that I was going to be the primary teacher at our home. That was about it. I was a bit shocked after all the worry and concerned I had that it was simple. Hope this helps.

kneil41 is offline Junior Member Newbie

I live in Forsyth,MO.and I took my kids out this year from public school. I only had to write writtened letter to superintendent. Go on HSLDA and they have sample of letter you can see what you can write and tell them.