New to Home School Idea: Please help
    Unregistered NJ Guest

Default New to Home School Idea: Please help

I have decided that it will be in my daughters best interest to be homeschoold until we can move out of our current school district. The bullying is out of hand and I am certain she will be better off. She is in the 8th grade with excellent grades. How do I get her started with homeschooling and will she receive an 8th grade diploma upon completion? Also we will most likely be moving out of state next year will I be able to use her portfolio to enroll her in high school once we arrive to our new location/

Any advice you can give me would be so appreciated. I am not getting very far with the school district and home school info.

Thank you so much!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Hello and welcome!
    You certainly can use your portfolio to keep track of the school she does during this school year. If you use Time4Learning, remember that T4L keeps excellent records, print them out and include them in the portfolio.

Your daughter will not recieve an 8th grade diploma from Time4Learning because T4L is a curriculum, not a school. An 8th grade diploma can be created by you, but it is not necessary to enroll in 9th grade. Her transcript/records/portfolio is more important than the diploma, which is just a certificate.

Often th school/school board is not cooperative because they do not want you to pull your child. They tend to take it personally that you do not feel that the education, or environment are not working for your child. Keep ery good records, and make sure that you follow the letter of the law and you should be fine.

Congratulations on your decision to homeschool, even if it is under less than perfect conditions.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!