New to home school from spanish lake missouri
    Tianna is offline Junior Member

Default New to home school from spanish lake missouri

My son is in the 3rd grade and Friday we decided to home school him because of the continuing problem with behavior and the school not teaching him what he needs to know. I have emailed the principle letting her know to take him off of her attendance sheet and also asked for his school records. Is there anything else that I need to do? I am also open to any information that anyone can give me as far as educational DVD's, play groups, field trips, and anything of such. Thank you all in advance and I am happy to be a home schooler. Are there any child age groups that my 3rd grader could join on here?

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

I'm sorry you had to come to homeschooling under such circumstances but I hope that you find that homeschooling is just what your son needs.

Make sure that you have sent your letter to the school and check out the Department of Education Homeschool Page. Homeschooling in Missouri is pretty easy so there are not a lot of jumping through hoops that you need to do there.

Check with your local homeschooling group, libraries, 4-H groups to find fieldtrips and activities that are homeschooler friendly.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask, and welcome to homeschooling!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!