New homeschooling mom in Kansas City, MO
    Barbara Wilson is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New homeschooling mom in Kansas City, MO

Hi everyone - My name is Barb and I'm mom to 3 little ones, K, 1st and 3rd grade. This is my first time homeschooling. The disgust with our KCMO school district has been building up for some time and enough to keep my husband and I from even bothering to enroll them in public school this year. I've been doing a lot of research and was so happy to find Time4Learning and so here I am. I've only signed up our 1st and 3rd grader...We have our Kindergartner on Starfall and ABCYA for the past 2 years and has done really well and is reading already, so I'm sitting on the fence about whether I should sign her up with this site. I know that for Missouri "legally" age 7 is when kids are required to attend school.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and hope to connect with other homeschooling parents.

Unregistered Guest

Default Homeschooling my high school son! Need Help!

Hi I recently put my son who is A 9TH grader in a home school program called Penn Foster and he has been it for 3 months I am hoping I can find someone in the Kansas City MO. area that is homeschooling and could help with homeschooling him as well I work fulltime I have someone currently helping with him but they stay in Kansas and its hard getting him back and forth there everyday! Please if anyone can help with a person who is willing to homeschool him or a place that does in in KCMO I am new to this I have always delt with public school dist. but my son started having problems there and with them being unaccreddited so I decided to try homeschooling he rather be back in public school but that will not happen!

Unregistered Guest

Default Homeschooling my high school son! Need Help!

Hi I recently put my son who is A 9TH grader in a home school program called Penn Foster and he has been it for 3 months I am hoping I can find someone in the Kansas City MO. area that is homeschooling and could help with homeschooling him as well I work fulltime I have someone currently helping with him but they stay in Kansas and its hard getting him back and forth there everyday! Please if anyone can help with a person who is willing to homeschool him or a place that does in in KCMO I am new to this I have always delt with public school dist. but my son started having problems there and with them being unaccreddited so I decided to try homeschooling he rather be back in public school but that will not happen! Please email me at [email protected] with info that can help me help my child thankyou!

Unregistered Guest

Default homeschooling

Hi, I'm Grandma Ellyn, How soon could a child start home schooling? I ask this cause, the school was told today my grandson was being home schooled. The school wants him to finish out this week and a day and a half next week then they go on school break. Is this normal.